Articles by Oliver Tree
- A Prosthetic Limb Facility In Turkey Offers Hope To Syrian Amputees [Video]
November 04 2013 12:11 PM
More than 100,000 Syrians have been killed during the country’s ongoing civil war.
- Plotting To Destroy America? There’s An App For That
March 29 2013 3:41 PM
When it comes to planning world domination, discerning dictators prefer to use Apple.
- Sandy Live Blog Day 11: Nor'easter Adds To Superstorm Victims’ Misery
November 07 2012 7:58 AM
A nor'easter storm hit the Northeast Wednesday, bringing snow and rain and knocking out power in many places which were yet to recover from the damage caused by Superstorm Sandy.
- The Fiscal Cliff And The Fed: Investors' Election Fears
November 06 2012 7:42 AM
Both Barack Obama and Mitt Romney could have an enormous impact on monetary and fiscal policy.
- Apple Pays Just 2% Tax On Overseas Profits
November 05 2012 7:57 AM
The practice echoes that of fellow American companies Starbucks, Amazon and Google.
- UBS Bankers 'Locked Out' of Work As Layoffs Begin
October 31 2012 4:28 PM
Despite the bank’s top boss insisting outgoing employees will be "treated with care," workers only found out they had been sacked after they were stopped at the front door, unable to enter the building having had their work passes revoked.
- Sandy's Silver Lining: Did Flooding Kill New York's Rats?
October 31 2012 3:37 PM
According to reports, a large portion of New York City’s teeming rat population may have drowned in the floodwaters that filled subways, tunnels and basements.
- Lifted By Olympics, Britain Out Of Recession
October 25 2012 8:33 AM
Official figures show the U.K. economy grew by 1 percent, with 0.2 percent of the growth coming from the Olympic Games.
- Are Zynga Layoffs The Start Of Dot-com Crash 2.0?
October 24 2012 8:17 AM
While trouble at Zynga has been brewing for months, this is the second dot-com bust in recent weeks.
- Electronics Manufacturer Foxconn Admits Using Minors
October 17 2012 8:27 AM
The company admitted that some students in its summer internship were below the Chinese legal minimum working age of 16.
- Russia Denies Weapons On Moscow To Syria Flight
October 11 2012 8:51 AM
Turkish jet fighters intercepted a Syrian passenger airplane on Wednesday night, according to reports.
- Chinese Tech Giants Huawei, ZTE 'Security Threat' US Warns
October 08 2012 8:11 AM
The two companies, which provide equipment to most of the world's telecom companies, should be blocked from merging and acquiring U.S. firms, a report concluded.
- Thanks A Million Steve: Apple Celebrates Jobs One Year On
October 05 2012 8:19 AM
Jobs passed away on Oct. 5, 2011, after a long fight with pancreatic cancer, and to commemorate him, the entire Apple homepage has been given up for the video, which fades when finished to show a message from his successor, Apple CEO Tim Cook.
- 1 Billion And Counting: Facebook Breaks Member Record
October 04 2012 8:24 AM
Facebook also announced that it has received more than 1.13 trillion 'Likes' since it launched the tool in February 2009.
- 37 Dead, Crew Arrested After Hong Kong Ferry Disaster
October 02 2012 8:11 AM
Three of the arrested crewmen worked on a vessel owned by Hong Kong Electric, and the other three crewmen were from the other vessel.
- France To Hammer Millionaires With 75% Top Tax Rate
September 28 2012 8:01 AM
The proposed 75% top tax rate, up from 48%, will affect approximately 30,000 French citizens, or just 0.46% of the population.
- China's Citizens Evade Twitter Ban
September 26 2012 8:09 AM
China's has banned Twitter for 3 years, but the country’s net users have beat it by using Virtual Private Networks and other tricks.
- Mitt Romney: ‘Why Won’t Airplane Windows Open?'
September 25 2012 8:21 AM
The Republican Presidential nominee put his foot in it after questioning why jet aircraft don’t have windows that can be opened by passengers.
- SARS Back? WHO Identifies Deadly New Virus Strain
September 24 2012 8:06 AM
The WHO said it has identified a new deadly strain of SARS after a 49-year-old Qatari man became ill.
- Blackberry Service Back On After Outage
September 21 2012 11:08 AM
The service outage, which lasted for several hours starting in the early hours of Friday morning, came as arch rival Apple [AAPL] launched their latest iPhone.