- Ebola Death Toll Reaches 2,622
September 18 2014 9:23 AM
At least 2,622 people have died in the worst outbreak of Ebola virus in history, which has so far infected at least 5,335 people in West Africa, the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Thursday.
- US Jobless Claims Drop, Labor Market Firms Up
September 18 2014 9:22 AM
The number of Americans filing new claims for unemployment benefits fell more than expected last week.
- Toshiba To Cut 900 Jobs
September 18 2014 5:27 AM
- US To Press India On Trade Row During Modi's Washington Visit
September 18 2014 1:22 AM
Assistant Secretary of State Nisha Biswal said the WTO agreement to ease worldwide customs rules would "certainly" be a topic for conversation.
- US House Votes To Arm Syrian Rebels, But Questions Remain
September 17 2014 7:26 PM
The House voted 273 to 156 to authorize the plan, a test of support for Obama's campaign to "degrade and destroy" ISIS.
- US House Passes Bill To Avert Government Shutdown, Extend Export-Import Bank
September 17 2014 6:51 PM
The measure also contains a separately approved authorization for the Defense Department to arm moderate Syrian rebels to fight ISIS.
- Scottish Opponents of Independence Slightly Ahead In Polls
September 17 2014 5:42 AM
The polls found 8 percent to 14 percent of Scotland voters were still undecided before polls opened at 2 a.m. EDT on Thursday.
- Nearly 50 Dead In Syria Government Airstrikes
September 17 2014 5:23 AM
Around a dozen fighters and multiple rebel commanders were also confirmed killed in the bombardment.
- Chinese Central Bank Injects $81B Into Major Banks
September 17 2014 2:39 AM
The People's Bank of China is reportedly pumping in 100 billion yuan each into China's top five banks.
- Biden Triggers 2016 Speculation With Iowa Visit
September 17 2014 12:40 AM
Iowa will hold the first contest in the 2016 Democratic nominating campaign.
- Endo Offers To Buy Auxilium Pharma For About $2.2B
September 16 2014 11:10 PM
Endo's offer of $28.10 per share represents a premium of 30.6 percent to Auxilium's Tuesday closing price of $21.52 on the Nasdaq.
- Default? What Default? Argentina Slams US For Using 'D' Word
September 16 2014 7:42 PM
Argentina called in the United States' top diplomat in the country on Tuesday to express its "deep indignation" over a local newspaper interview in which he made reference the South American country's latest debt default.
- Russia Says 'Cynical' US Policy Pushing World Toward Cold War
September 16 2014 3:15 AM
Russia's Parliamentary Speaker Sergei Naryshkin was speaking during a ceremony to open the autumn session of the parliament's lower house.
- India Considers Closing Down Loss-Making State Firms
September 16 2014 12:26 AM
Dozens of state-run companies have been bleeding cash for decades and kept afloat by budgetary support each year.
- Switzerland Would Shield Snowden From 'Political' Extradition To US
September 15 2014 9:14 PM
Edward Snowden could be granted safe passage in Switzerland if he helped a potential criminal inquiry into U.S. spying there, the Swiss public prosecutor's office said Monday.
- US To Assad: Beware Of Interfering With US Air Power In Syria
September 15 2014 8:28 PM
Obama's authorization of the use of air power against ISIS in Syria has raised the question of whether Bashar al-Assad would respond in some way.
- Al Qaeda Denies Decline, Acknowledges 'Mistakes' By Its Branches
September 15 2014 9:12 AM
Al Qaeda dismissed as "lies" a U.S. assessment that it is in decline, but a defiant online message issued by the network on Sunday made no mention of the ultra-hardline Islamic State group widely seen as its rival for the leadership of global jihad.
- Gloomy Data On Chinese Factories Hurts Stocks, Oil Prices
September 15 2014 6:41 AM
Brent crude oil slumped to a more than two-year low under $97 per barrel.
- Deal Paves Way For World's Largest Tourism Group
September 15 2014 5:02 AM
Europe's biggest tour operator, TUI Travel, and majority owner TUI AG have agreed on the terms of a merger.
- Russian PM Medvedev Says Western Sanctions Are Testing Country's Strength
September 15 2014 4:04 AM
The EU and the U.S. imposed late last week a fresh set of sanctions against Moscow for its policy on Ukraine.