- Nigeria Isolates Hospital In Lagos As Obama Briefed On Ebola Outbreak
July 28 2014 9:34 PM
Ebola has killed 672 people in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone since it was first diagnosed in February.
- Iraq Lays Claim To Kurdish Crude Cargo In Texas Court
July 28 2014 7:46 PM
The United Kalavrvta tanker, carrying some 1 million barrels of crude worth about $100 million, arrived off the coast of Texas on Saturday but has yet to unload its disputed cargo.
- Appeals Court Strikes Down Virginia's Gay Marriage Ban
July 28 2014 3:20 PM
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit struck down Virginia's constitutional ban on same-sex marriage on Monday.
- Richard Branson's Virgin America To Sell Shares To The Public
July 28 2014 9:27 AM
The company, known for mood lighting and wi-fi and comfortable leather seats even in economy class, offers flights to 22 cities in the United States and Mexico.
- Dollar Tree To Buy Family Dollar For $8.5B
July 28 2014 8:48 AM
Dollar stores have struggled in a weak U.S. economy.
- Dollar Tree To Buy Family Dollar
July 28 2014 6:53 AM
Dollar Tree's offer represents a premium of about 23 percent over Family Dollar's stock-price close on Friday.
- China Condemns US Anti-Dumping Duties On Solar Imports
July 28 2014 5:43 AM
The U.S. Commerce Department on Friday placed anti-dumping duties as high as 165.05 percent on solar panels and cells from China.
- Hague Court Rules Against Russia, Awards $50B To Yukos Shareholders: Reuters
July 28 2014 3:46 AM
The claim in the Hague was made by subsidiaries of Gibraltar-based Group Menatep.
- Australia Approves $15.5B Carmichael Coal Project
July 28 2014 1:18 AM
The Carmichael mine has sparked protests from green groups and marine tour operators worried about carbon pollution.
- More Than 50 Killed In Benghazi, Tripoli Clashes
July 28 2014 12:10 AM
The government said more than 150 people have died, many of them civilian, in the capital Tripoli and Benghazi in two weeks of fighting.
- Liberia Shuts Border To Curb Ebola Spread
July 27 2014 9:23 PM
Under the new health measures, public gatherings such as marches, demonstrations and promotional advertisements also will be restricted.
- Syria Retakes Homs Gas Field From Hardline Group
July 27 2014 1:38 PM
Syria says dozens of rebels were killed in operation to retake Sha'ar gas field near Homs.
- France Urges Nationals To Leave Libya Due To Security Situation
July 27 2014 1:28 PM
The U.S. evacuated its embassy Saturday.
- German Fin Min: Russian Sanctions Necessary
July 27 2014 12:41 PM
Tougher sanctions against Russia are necessary, no matter their effect on the economy, German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble says.
- Scandal-Scarred Food Firm In China Pulls All Products, US Parent Says
July 27 2014 2:35 AM
OSI Group indicated it would “withdraw from the marketplace” all products made by Shanghai Husi.
- Federal Judge Rules DC Ban On Handguns Unconstitutional
July 26 2014 8:20 PM
A federal judge on Saturday overturned Washington D.C.'s ban on carrying handguns outside the home, saying it was unconstitutional.
- Families Mourn Victims Of Air Algerie Crash In Mali
July 26 2014 7:46 PM
Family members of those killed on the Air Algerie flight that crashed in Mali were taken to the wreckage to grieve on Saturday as French President Francois Hollande announced three days of mourning.
- Israel Extends Gaza Humanitarian Cease-Fire For 24 Hours
July 26 2014 6:02 PM
Israel's security cabinet approved extending the humanitarian ceasefire begun early on Saturday until midnight local time (1700 EST) on Sunday, an Israeli government official said.
- Mayor Of Central Ukrainian City Shot Dead
July 26 2014 5:53 PM
The mayor of the central Ukrainian town of Kremenchuk was shot dead on Saturday and the house of another mayor in Lviv to the West was hit by fire from a grenade launcher, the Interior Ministry said.
- Tyson Foods To Shut 3 Factories, Cut 950 Jobs
July 26 2014 1:33 PM
The largest meat processor in the U.S. denies that the move is related to its recent acquisition of Hillshire Brands.