Articles by Reuters Reporter
- Kansas City Win Cup Final After Penalty Shootout
December 08 2013 1:15 AM
Playing in front of their home crowd, Kansas City won the title on penalties after a 1-1 result.
- Yankees Complete Ellsbury, Kuroda Signings
December 08 2013 1:08 AM
New York signed two key players amid the loss of second baseman Robinson Cano.
- World Cup Draw Opens Door For Game's Big Guns
December 06 2013 3:56 PM
The stage is set for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil with the group stages confirmed. The U.S. will face Germany, Ghana, and Portugal in June.
- Lundqvist Signs Seven-Year Contract Extension With Rangers
December 04 2013 1:32 PM
Financial terms of the contract were not disclosed but local media reports said it is worth $59.5 million, which would put Lundqvist $1.5 million above the $7 million annual salary for Nashville's Pekke Rinne and Boston's Tuukka Rask.
- Kings Goalie Scrivens Suffers Rare Burn By Flames
December 01 2013 3:02 PM
Ben Scrivens suffered two bad moments in front of a sellout crowd at Staples Center as the Kings lost 2-1 to the Calgary Flames.
- Another Runaway Dunhill Win For Schwartzel
December 01 2013 2:51 PM
Holder Charl Schwartzel made it back-to-back Alfred Dunhill Championship wins when he romped to a four-stroke victory at Leopard Creek on Sunday.
- Ronaldo Sidelined With Muscle Strain
November 29 2013 1:55 PM
The Real Madrid forward will miss a home match against Real Valladolid.
- Madsen And Schwartzel On Course To Resume Rivalry
November 29 2013 1:39 PM
Defending champion Charl Schwartzel and Dane Morten Orum Madsen look set to renew last week's South African Open rivalry after ending Friday's second round of the Alfred Dunhill Championship as joint leaders.
- Murray Leads Charge As Cowboys Rally Past Raiders
November 29 2013 2:17 AM
Trailing 21-7 in the second quarter, the Cowboys (7-5) rallied behind 24 straight points to remain in control of the NFC East and put the pressure on the second-placed Philadelphia Eagles (6-5).
- BT Adds NBA To Growing Sports Rights Collection
November 28 2013 12:30 PM
The multi-year deal to show the leading basketball league from the United States starts with a game on Sunday evening between Indiana Pacers and LA Clippers, BT said on Thursday.
- Messi Recovery Progressing Well, Says Barcelona
November 28 2013 12:23 PM
Lionel Messi sustained the injury in a La Liga match at Real Betis on November 10 and the World Player of the Year is likely to be sidelined until the middle of January.
- Federer Can Play Until He Is 60, Says Nastase
November 26 2013 1:34 PM
Ilie Nastase believes Roger Federer should not listen to the naysayers and delay retirement.
- Former Players Sue NHL Over Concussions
November 26 2013 1:29 PM
Gary Leeman and Rick Vaive were among the players to file a claim in U.S. District Court in Washington.
- Bryant Signs Two-Year Extension With Lakers
November 25 2013 5:03 PM
The 35-year-old will receive $48.5 million over the next two seasons.
- Patriots Win Overtime Thriller Against Broncos
November 25 2013 2:24 AM
Tom Brady led a furious New England comeback on Sunday night in a victory over Denver, 34-31.
- IOC Chief Bach Vows Toughest Anti-Doping Program Ever
November 21 2013 12:30 PM
The Olympics will conduct in- and out-of-competition tests for the Sochi and Vancouver Games.
- IOC President Open To Baseball's Return At Tokyo Games
November 20 2013 4:43 AM
Baseball and softball were voted out as Olympic sports in 2005.
- New Ball Movement Rule Would Have Spared Woods' Blushes
November 19 2013 1:35 PM
New Decision 18/4, agreed by the Royal and Ancient and the United States Golf Association (USGA), aims to clarify when a ball has been inadvertently moved by a player - a scenario that left Woods fuming at the BMW Championship in September.
- Jimmie Johnson Captures Sixth Sprint Cup Title
November 18 2013 12:07 AM
Johnson clinched with a ninth-place finish in at the season-ending Ford EcoBoost 400.
- Vettel Sets Record With U.S. Grand Prix Win
November 17 2013 11:59 PM
Vettel became the first F1 driver to win eight consecutive races in a season.