- Sterling Marriage 'Stress' At Issue as LA Clippers Trial Nears End
July 23 2014 10:22 PM
Sterling's bid to block the $2 billion sale of the Clippers in a probate trial reached its final stretch when his attorneys sought to prove his estranged wife improperly seized control of the franchise.
- AT&T's New Device Financing Plan Weighs On Revenue
July 23 2014 9:50 PM
Faced with mounting pressure from competitors, AT&T has unbundled service and device charges, and slashed its family data plan and shared value plan prices as it tries to attract customers in a nearly saturated market.
- AT&T, Chernin Group Close To Buying Majority Slice Of Fullscreen: Report
July 23 2014 7:58 PM
AT&T Inc and the Chernin Group are close to buying a majority slice of Fullscreen, in a deal that will value the popular YouTube video network at $200 million to $300 million, said tech blog Re/code, citing sources familiar with the target company.
- Lab Director Behind Anthrax Mishap Resigns: CDC
July 23 2014 6:02 PM
The director of U.S. bioterror lab that potentially exposed many workers to live anthrax resigned, the CDC said on Wednesday, according to Reuters in an exclusive report.
- AT&T Falls Short Of Revenue Estimates, Sees Record Low Churn
July 23 2014 4:48 PM
The No. 2 U.S. mobile provider earned $3.6 billion, or 68 cents per share, in the second quarter.
- South Korea Ferry Fugitive Hid In Cabin Wall, Suitcases Of Cash At Hand
July 23 2014 7:11 AM
The cabin is on the outskirts of Suncheon, in the south of the country, about two km from the plum orchard where his corpse was found.
- Flight MH17 Black Boxes Are In Britain: Ukraine
July 23 2014 5:15 AM
Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 is believed to have been downed by a surface-to-air missile over eastern Ukraine.
- Five Held In China Food Scandal Probe
July 23 2014 3:01 AM
McDonald's, Yum Brands and other global brands pulled products from their outlets after Shanghai Husi supplied expired meat in China and Japan.
- Indonesian President-Elect Calls For Unity After Bitter Election
July 23 2014 12:22 AM
It was the closest and most bitterly fought election in Indonesia's history, pitting Joko "Jokowi" Widodo against former general Prabowo Subianto.
- Microsoft Revenue Rises, Profit Falls As Nokia Absorbed
July 22 2014 4:59 PM
Shares of the world's largest software company, which hit 14-year highs this week, were flat in after-hours trading.
- Putin Denounces West, Says He Will Use Influence On Ukraine Rebels
July 22 2014 12:35 PM
President Vladimir Putin said on Tuesday Russia would try to ensure Ukrainian separatists cooperate with an investigation into the downing of a Malaysian airliner, but said the West must do more to persuade Kiev to end hostilities.
- Appeals Court Strikes Down IRS Rule On Obamacare Subsidies
July 22 2014 10:59 AM
A U.S. appeals court on Tuesday threw out a federal regulation that implements key subsidies that are vital to President Barack Obama's healthcare overhaul. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit accepted one of the main legal challenges to the policy by conservatives opposed to an expansion of the federal government.
- Sterling, Ballmer Reportedly In Deal Talks
July 22 2014 8:58 AM
The Los Angeles Clippers continue to be embroiled in a ownership saga.
- China Food Scandal Spreads To Japan
July 22 2014 3:18 AM
A Tokyo-based spokesman for McDonald's in Japan said the company had sourced about a fifth of its Chicken McNuggets from Shanghai Husi.
- Sterling, Ballmer Discuss Possible Clippers Deal: Reuters
July 22 2014 1:03 AM
Sterling and his wife, Shelly Sterling, are locked in a court battle over whether Sterling has legal standing to block the NBA-record sale to Ballmer.
- Time Warner Moves To Bar Shareholders From Calling Meetings
July 21 2014 10:19 PM
Fox made an offer for Time Warner for about $80 billion or about $85 per share in a mix of stock and cash that Time Warner rebuffed, both companies disclosed last week.
- Argentina Asks US Judge To Put Debt Payment Order On Hold
July 21 2014 9:30 PM
Ahead of a July 30 deadline to reach a deal or face a new default, Argentina filed papers asking a New York federal judge to stay a ruling that it pay the holdout investors $1.33 billion plus interest.
- Nigeria Boko Haram Attack Causes Over 15,000 To Flee
July 21 2014 8:03 PM
Nigerian government spokesman appeared to deny Boko Haram had taken over Damboa.
- Netflix Profit More Than Doubles
July 21 2014 4:54 PM
The company's profit rose to $71 million, or $1.15 per share, for the second quarter ended June 30 from $29.5 million, or 49 cents per share, a year earlier.
- 10 Killed In Air Strike North Of Baghdad
July 21 2014 3:26 PM
The attack targeted the town of Hawija, which is controlled by Sunni Muslim insurgents from the Islamic State and other groups opposed to Iraq's Shi'ite-led government.