- UK Clocks Strong Growth In Q2
September 30 2014 5:34 AM
Official data showed Britain's economic output exceeded its peak before the 2008-09 recession in the third quarter of 2013.
- RBS Frees Up $1.3B Of Provisions As Economy Improves
September 30 2014 4:50 AM
RBS said on Tuesday it also expected losses from bad loans to be "significantly" lower than its previous guidance.
- Rising Volcanic Activity On Mount Ontake Stops Recovery Operations
September 30 2014 1:07 AM
Twelve bodies have been recovered from the 3,067-metre (10,062 feet) peak but at least 36 are feared to have died.
- Modi Promises A Return To Market Reforms
September 30 2014 12:51 AM
Modi spoke at a breakfast with 11 CEOs during his first U.S. visit since coming to power in May.
- Indian Finance And Defense Minister Could Skip US Trip
September 30 2014 12:36 AM
Arun Jaitley is due to attend a World Bank meeting in Washington in October, and also visit the Pentagon.
- China Regulator Approves Apple's iPhone 6 For Sale In China
September 29 2014 11:01 PM
The iPhone 6 can now be sold in China, after Apple received a license for the device to be used on China's wireless networks.
- Jeter Closes Career With Hit Against Boston Rivals
September 29 2014 12:06 PM
At Fenway Park, the Yankees legend played the final game of his career.
- Swiss Bank UBS Says It Has Started FX Settlement Talks
September 29 2014 7:31 AM
Britain's FCA was reportedly talking to UBS and five other banks about a possible settlement worth hundreds of millions of pounds.
- Lloyds Bank Dismisses 8 Staff After Rate-Rigging Investigation
September 29 2014 6:41 AM
Nearly $5 million in unpaid bonuses had been forfeited as a result of the action.
- Seven Ukrainian Soldiers Killed In Rebel Attack Despite Cease-Fire
September 29 2014 5:41 AM
It was the largest loss of life among Ukrainian soldiers in a single incident since the ceasefire began on Sept. 5.
- US-Led Raids Hit Islamic State In North, East Syria
September 29 2014 3:17 AM
Syria's army also carried out air raids in Aleppo province overnight, as well as in Hama in western Syria.
- UBS Launches Share-For-Share Exchange For New Holding Company
September 29 2014 2:30 AM
The changes to UBS's legal structure will not affect its strategy, the bank said.
- Militants Kill 20 In Two Separate Yemen Attacks
September 29 2014 12:55 AM
Houthi fighters seized Sanaa on Sept. 21 after four days of fighting with soldiers loyal to the Sunni Muslim Islah party.
- Lenovo To Close $2.1B IBM Server Deal On Wednesday
September 29 2014 12:32 AM
The deal will give China's biggest personal computer maker a major asset as it expands its offerings for business clients.
- France's Far-Right Grabs Senate Seats For First Time
September 28 2014 3:23 PM
The party, led by Marine Le Pen, took two seats in the august Senate.
- Airstrikes Hit Makeshift Refineries In Syria: Monitoring Group
September 28 2014 3:13 PM
Destroying the makeshift refineries has led to a sharp increase in the price of diesel.
- Militant Car Bomb Targets Houthi Base
September 28 2014 2:58 PM
AQAP said the target was al-Jafra hospital, which had been turned by the Houthis into a base for their operations.
- Microsoft CEO Pledges Cooperation In Chinese Antitrust Probe
September 28 2014 9:05 AM
- Five Family Members Found Dead Of Unknown Causes In Utah Home
September 28 2014 5:04 AM
Officers arrived at the Springville home and discovered the bodies of the mother and father along with their three children.
- 30 Hikers Found In 'Cardiac Arrest' After Japan Volcano Eruption
September 28 2014 3:39 AM
Hundreds of people, including children, were stranded on Mount Ontake after it erupted without warning on Saturday.