- Royal Dutch Shell Declares 'Force Majeure' As South African Strikes Intensify
October 05 2012 12:12 PM
Royal Dutch Shell, the world's fourth-largest energy company, says South African strikes are making it impossible to deliver fuel.
- Turkey Lira Softens In Aftermath Of Syrian Attack
October 04 2012 3:48 PM
The Turkish lira fell after an attack from Syria that killed five people.
- South Africa's Mining Strikes Spreading
October 04 2012 12:44 PM
South Africa's wildcat strikes have shut mines and halted truck shipments and now idled a car factory.
- Record Oktoberfest Attendance, Revenue Expected
October 03 2012 1:40 PM
More than 6 million visitors are expected to attend Germany's 16-day festival in Munich.
- Carlsberg Follows Heineken Into Thailand
October 02 2012 4:48 PM
Denmark's Carlsberg A/S beer company is partnering with Singha Corp. in Thailand as it follows Heineken NV by expanding in South Asia to counter flat sales in Europe.
- US Home Prices Up 4.6% In Aug, But Could Fall In Sept.
October 02 2012 11:51 AM
Home prices in the United States gained 4.6 percent in August compared to the prior year, CoreLogic says.
- Spain Ready For ECB Bailout, But Germany Says Wait
October 01 2012 5:13 PM
- Xstrata, Glencore, 3M, Honeywell Open October With Merger Surge
October 01 2012 4:51 PM
Xstrata's board supports a merger with Glencore; 3M to buy Ceradyne, Honeywell to buy stake in Thomas Russell.
- Aug US Construction: Office, Government Activity Down
October 01 2012 11:13 AM
Weaker commercial and government construction spending offset gains in residential construction spending in August.
- Heineken Toasts Asia With APB Deal
September 28 2012 4:41 PM
The world's third-largest brewery won a bid to acquire Asia Pacific Breweries Ltd.
- Will Germany, Europe's Primary Economic Engine, Falter?
September 28 2012 10:04 AM
The euro zone's largest and strongest economy, Germany, is showing signs of weakness as exports fall.
- California Wives Marry Pop and Angst
September 27 2012 5:30 PM
The Chicago-based band California Wives has released its first album, "Art History."
- WTC Observatory Rejects Empire State Building Owners
September 27 2012 12:32 PM
The Empire State Building's owners won't run the 1 World Trade Center observatory, officials said.
- Millions In US Face 2013 Medicare Premium Hikes
September 26 2012 12:35 PM
Seven of the top 10 Medicare plans are planning double-digit premium increases next year.
- Philip Morris Expands In China With Flu Partnership
September 25 2012 4:19 PM
The world's second-largest tobacco company is partnering with Medicago for flu vaccines.
- Consumer Confidence, Case-Shiller Gains Propel US Stocks
September 25 2012 11:22 AM
The Dow, S&P 500 and Nasdaq all posted gains after positive consumer confidence and housing reports.
- Atlantic Media Bets On Business With Quartz Launch
September 24 2012 2:44 PM
The 155-year-old media company launched on Monday its newest online title.
- 'Wall Of Debt' Threatens California: Study
September 21 2012 3:38 PM
An independent study found California's debt is likely billions of dollars more than previously reported.
- South African Miner Strikes Hit AngloGold
September 21 2012 12:11 PM
Labor unrest spreads in South Africa as miners began striking at AngloGold's Kopanang gold mine.
- New York Times Bans Quote Approval
September 20 2012 4:19 PM
The New York Times has banned the submission of quotations for sources to review.