Articles by Ryan W. Neal
- First Video Game On Google Chromecast
December 03 2013 5:38 PM
A new app allows players to play tic-tac-toe via their Chromecast, showing the future potential to use the platform for gaming.
- Student's Sign Earns $26,000 In Bitcoins
December 03 2013 4:45 PM
A student figured out how to use his college football sign to earn more than $26,000 in bitcoins.
- Hacker School In Israel
December 03 2013 12:34 PM
Instructors at the “Cyber Gym” launch simulated attacks against a computer system in the “defense room.”
- Microsoft Planning 'Threshold' Update For Windows
December 02 2013 4:24 PM
According to a leaked internal email, Microsoft is planning a major update to all of its Windows operating systems, possibly for spring 2015.
- Secret Chinese Bitcoin Mine
December 02 2013 2:41 PM
A secret facility in Hong Kong is used to generate bitcoins.
- Was Kayla Mendoza's Twitter Account Hacked?
November 26 2013 4:35 PM
Mendoza’s cousin Luis Massey told the Miami New Times that a hacker used Kayla Mendoza’s Twitter account to post nearly 5,000 tweets referencing drug use and underage drinking in order to slander her.
- 75% Of Yahoo Employees Don't Use Yahoo Mail
November 26 2013 3:27 PM
Yahoo is encouraging its employees to make the switch to Yahoo Mail, not just on principle but also to help test the product.
- UK Internet To Block 'Extremist' Websites
November 26 2013 1:56 PM
David Cameron said the U.K. will block certain websites in order to keep the country safe.
- New Link Found Between Founders Of Silk Road And Bitcoin
November 25 2013 4:06 PM
A new study links the mysterious inventor of Bitcoin with Dread Pirate Roberts, the founder of Silk Road.
- LG Admits To Spying Smart TVs
November 25 2013 12:32 PM
LG released a statement that said its Smart TVs were in fact collecting information on what channels, platforms and broadcast sources their customers used, even when users turned off this feature.
- Life and Times of Winamp
November 21 2013 11:15 AM
After 15 years, Winamp announced on its website that it will be closing for good on Dec. 20.
- Mass. Police Department Infected With CryptoLocker, Pays Ransom
November 20 2013 5:34 PM
A local police force in Swansea, Mass., recently had to pay $750 in Bitcoins to recover images and documents encrypted by CryptoLocker.
- iOS App Uses Cat Memes To Teach Spanish
November 20 2013 2:17 PM
An app launched Wednesday in the Apple iTunes store that uses the Internet’s love of cats to help teach Spanish
- Hackers Target Obamacare Website
November 20 2013 12:09 PM
The Department of Homeland Security said Monday that Healthcare.gov has been hit by as many as 16 cyberattacks from hackers.
- NFL And MLB Join Networks' Fight Against Aereo
November 19 2013 4:17 PM
The NFL and MLB filed statements with the Supreme Court last week, arguing that a victory for Aereo would mean the end of free football and baseball on television.
- Bringing Bitcoins To The Mainstream
November 19 2013 4:15 PM
Three bitcoin companies have teamed up to help push the digital currency into the mainstream.
- Yahoo To Encrypt All Data Traffic
November 19 2013 11:22 AM
Yahoo previously announced that Yahoo Mail would get SSL encryption by Jan. 8, 2014.
- Seriously, Is Snapchat Worth $3 Billion?
November 19 2013 9:44 AM
Free-app Snapchat is profitless, leaving many wondering why Facebook made the offer, why Snapchat rejected it, and how much it's worth.
- Which Country Is The King Of Tweets?
November 18 2013 1:58 PM
The answer may surprise you.
- Map Shows Real-Time Flow Of Currency Into Bitcoin
November 18 2013 11:51 AM
A map at fiatleak.co shows how much money is being changed into Bitcoin, and which countries are investing