Articles by Ryan W. Neal
- Is Amazon Developing A Phone With 3D Touchscreen?
April 15 2014 6:05 PM
Images that claim to be leaked photographs of the Amazon's upcoming smartphone confirm four cameras on the phone's body that power a 3D user interface.
- Why Twitter Acquired Gnip
April 15 2014 2:49 PM
Twitter said Gnip has been “crucial” in turning tweets into a valuable marketing product for companies over the past four years.
- How To Buy Google Glass
April 15 2014 1:05 PM
Google made the futuristic smart glasses available to the public for the first time, but only for one day.
- Now Heartbleed Tearing Into Bitcoin
April 11 2014 2:00 PM
To fight the bug, the Bitcoin Foundation advised all bitcoin developers and merchants to upgrade to the latest version of Bitcoin Core.
- US Government Wants Your Facebook Data
April 11 2014 1:04 PM
Unlike Facebook’s first transparency report, its second report was allowed to clarify how many requests came from U.S. law enforcement.
- 'Micro' May Become First, Affordable 3D Printer
April 10 2014 4:24 PM
With its 'Micro' product, M3D Llc. may have just found the perfect combination of design/affordability to bring 3D printing into the mainstream.
- 'Perfect Forward Secrecy' - The Technology To Counter Heartbleed Cyberthreat
April 10 2014 2:54 PM
Perfect forward secrecy generates a new random key every time public data is transmitted to a server.
- Why It Took Two Years To Find Heartbleed
April 09 2014 10:16 PM
The key to finding Heartbleed was creating a way to automatically test encryption software for vulnerabilities.
- 6 Windows 8.1 Improvements In Recent Update
April 09 2014 2:52 PM
Most of the updates unify the Windows 8.1 experience across all platforms, optimizing performance, whether a mouse or touchscreen is used.
- Jerk.com Is Deceptive, Charges FTC
April 08 2014 3:27 PM
The Federal Trade Commission suit against John Fanning and Jerk.com alleges the website lied about where their profiles came from.
- Why 'Heartbleed' Bug Is Devastating Cybersecurity
April 08 2014 12:24 PM
Heartbleed gives hackers easy access to encrypted communications and private information like usernames, passwords and credit card data.
- Gear Solo Could Be First Useful Smartwatch
April 07 2014 5:42 PM
Without a smartphone nearby, the smartwatches aren't capable of much, but Samsung may be changing that in the near future.
- Spotify's Radio Feature Has A Bug
April 07 2014 4:47 PM
Echo Nest built the algorithms that power many Spotify features, and a glitch is causing serious problems.
- The Top-Selling App That Turned Out To Be A Scam
April 07 2014 12:39 PM
At only $3.99, "Virus Shield" sounded like a bargain to thousands of people who downloaded it.
- Apple Playing Catch-Up In 2014
April 04 2014 4:55 PM
Apple debuted Siri to much fanfare in 2011 with the iPhone 4S, but has since been surpassed in functionality by Google Now and Microsoft Cortana.
- GrubHub Brings Home The Bacon With IPO
April 04 2014 1:32 PM
The stock opened at $26 per share and surged 40 percent on the opening day of trading.
- Fiverr Model Favors The Freelancer [Q&A]
April 03 2014 7:41 PM
Fiverr is gaining popularity for its model of freelancers offering services for a rate of five dollars each.
- Google Stock Splits Into 'GOOG' And 'GOOGL'
April 03 2014 2:41 PM
The early performance should alleviate early fears about the sudden decrease in price caused by the split.
- Older, Poorer And Disabled Seniors Still Offline
April 03 2014 1:35 PM
Pew reported on Thursday that six in 10 American seniors now go online and just under half have a broadband connection at home.
- How White House Internet Savvy Helped Sell Obamacare
April 03 2014 11:12 AM
From Internet talk shows to Twitter marketing to online forums like Quora, the administration once again proved its online skills with the ACA.