Ryan W. Neal
- Bitcoin Coming To PayPal 'Very Soon'
June 05 2014 12:26 PM
EBay CEO John Donohue didn't give a start date but said PayPal would start using bitcoin for peer-to-peer payments.
- Did John Oliver Break The FCC's Comment Page?
June 03 2014 1:46 PM
The outage seemed to highlight the very problem of Internet Service Providers demanding the right to host “Internet fast lanes.”
- Privacy Activists To 'Reset The Net'
June 03 2014 12:13 PM
The anti-surveillance effort aims to give websites, developers and Internet users actionable tools to protect privacy online.
- Apple Adds New Private Search Option
June 02 2014 5:29 PM
Apple seems to have heard the message about protecting customer privacy.
- Suzi LeVine Becomes First Ambassador To Take Oath With E-Reader
June 02 2014 4:35 PM
It may just be a matter of time before a president is sworn in with his or her hand resting on a touchscreen instead of paper.
- The Many Revelations Of Apple's iOS 8
June 02 2014 3:02 PM
One standout feature allows iOS users to view and respond to app notifications just by swiping down from the top of the screen.
- What's On Google's Search Removal Form?
May 30 2014 5:17 PM
Here's the form to ask Google to remove personal information from search results.
- Here's The People Who Want To Be Forgotten By Google
May 30 2014 4:45 PM
Sources say Google has received thousands of requests, including some from criminals, pedophiles and politicians.
- Dish Now The Largest Company To Accept Bitcoins
May 29 2014 11:03 AM
The Colorado-based company is also the first subscription-based TV provider to accept bitcoins.
- Google's New Car Is Totally Hands-Free
May 28 2014 6:01 PM
Get ready for driverless cars: These new two-seaters that look like a Little Tykes Cozy Coupe don’t even have a steering wheel or pedals.
- Apple Says Users, Not iCloud, Caused iOS Ransom Attack
May 28 2014 4:00 PM
Apple didn't provide any additional information about how "Oleg Pliss" was able to lock Australian iPhones and hold them for ransom.
- Australian Apple Devices Held For Ransom
May 27 2014 3:34 PM
This may shatter some Apple users' beliefs that their devices are immune from malicious hackers and malware.
- Spotify Hacked, But Just One Unlucky Android User Affected
May 27 2014 11:41 AM
To avoid a negative reaction by waiting to disclose details about a data breach, Spotify announced a hack after just one user was affected.
- Do Robot Cars Need Driver's Licenses?
May 23 2014 4:00 PM
Starting in September, select engineers can pick up one of the licenses for $150.
- UK Data Watchdogs Probe EBay After Security Breach
May 23 2014 3:38 PM
Probes into the massive data breach will likely focus on the lack of encryption to protect critical customer information.
- Data Breaches Could Be The New Norm For Online Shoppers
May 22 2014 6:44 PM
Security experts think that for the time being, attacks like the one against eBay will continue to occur.
- How Pot Policy Keeps The FBI From Hiring Hackers
May 21 2014 7:42 PM
Recent statements by FBI Director James Comey reflect America's changing attitudes toward weed, even among law enforcement.
- US Message To Beijing: We Know What You’re Up To
May 20 2014 9:58 PM
The detailed indictment against Chinese hackers sends a message about how much the U.S. knows.
- SoundCloud Numbers Didn't Add Up For Twitter
May 20 2014 6:23 PM
Der Spiegel reported that Twitter was concerned about SoundCloud not having licensing agreements to stream copyrighted material.
- Will Consumers Lose In AT&T-DirecTV Deal?
May 19 2014 3:16 PM
If the deal is approved, AT&T will move "very fast" to bundle DirecTV channels, wireless service and broadband connections.