Articles by Ryan W. Neal
- Twitter Is Down
March 11 2014 2:50 PM
Most users lost access to Twitter around 2:00 p.m. EST, but Twitter had been acting strangely all day.
- Will Apple Maps Finally Get Public Transit Directions In iOS 8?
March 11 2014 1:18 PM
The Apple Maps interface was updated with iOS 7, but the iOS 8 update looks to be a much bigger project.
- Saudis Sentenced For Social Media?
March 11 2014 11:31 AM
Two men have been sentenced to 18 years in prison for using Twitter, YouTube and websites to protest the Saudi government.
- Wearable Tech Lets Disney Better Serve -- And Track -- You
March 10 2014 4:30 PM
MyMagic+ uses a combination of a website, smartphone app and bracelets called MagicBands to track a guest’s every movement at Disney World resorts.
- Snowden: 'NSA Violated US Constitution'
March 10 2014 2:19 PM
“I took an oath to support the Constitution, and I felt the Constitution was violated on a massive scale,” Snowden said.
- Is LIVR Real - Or The Latest Internet Hoax?
March 07 2014 6:25 PM
Many are finding it hard to take the smartphone app seriously.
- 100 Influential Women Featured In International Women's Day Google Doodle
March 07 2014 4:25 PM
A recent study found that only 17 percent of 445 Google Doodles depicted women.
- NASA Admits It Gave Jet Fuel Discount To Google
March 07 2014 1:30 PM
The discount, which NASA is supposed to give only to government contractors, saved Google execs $3.3-$5.3 million over 5 years.
- Google Barge Officially On The Move
March 06 2014 2:47 PM
The Google Barge has been spotted sailing up the Sacramento-San Joaqin River delta towards its new home in Stockton.
- Could Spritz App Revolutionize Reading?
March 06 2014 1:43 PM
Spritz can help users read five times faster and even improve comprehension. Now parents have to love that.
- Bitcoin Star Autumn Radtke Found Dead; Suicide Suspected
March 06 2014 11:40 AM
Autumn Radtke was called a “rising star” in the bitcoin community.
- GoDaddy And US Embassy Remove Mexican Protest Website
March 05 2014 6:40 PM
On Dec. 2, 2013, 1.dmx.org disappeared after its host suspended service due to “an ongoing law enforcement investigation.”
- New Scam Threatening Netflix Users
March 05 2014 2:59 PM
A fake Netflix login page asks for the victim’s credentials and informs them that their account has been suspended for “unusual activity.”
- Interactive Map Shows The World's Vast Network Of Underwater Internet Cables
March 05 2014 2:45 PM
The Submarine Cable Map provides a unique look at how the world is connected in the information age.
- Former Microsoft CEO Candidates Exiting
March 04 2014 6:32 PM
Tony Bates and Tami Reller were considered high in the running for the CEO position given to Satya Nadella.
- Is Hoverboard Technology Real?
March 04 2014 2:07 PM
The whole thing just seems way too good to be true, which begs the question: Are HUVr Boards actually becoming a reality?
- Illegal Downloads Of '12 Years A Slave' Triple Following Oscars
March 04 2014 10:54 AM
Studios argue that this bumps in downloading result in millions of dollars lost for the filmmakers.
- Could Wal-Mart's WAVE Be The Future Of Shipping?
March 03 2014 4:11 PM
In a move to protect its bottom line and the environment, Walmart said it wants to double the efficiency of its truck fleet by 2015.
- Android Powered More Tablets Sold In 2013 Than Apple's iOS
March 03 2014 2:32 PM
The strong Android performance suggests that a majority of mainstream consumers want tablets that don't require Apple's premium prices.
- Google Barge Leaving San Francisco: Where Is It Headed?
March 03 2014 11:51 AM
For all the work put into keeping the barge a mystery, one would think Google at least turned in the required paperwork.