Articles by Sneha Shankar
- Indian Discount Carrier Signs $4.4B Deal With Boeing
March 12 2014 5:05 AM
SpiceJet has about 30 Boeing 737 planes on order, adding to its 57 planes running 350 daily flights.
- DoJ Investigates GM On Vehicle Recalls
March 12 2014 2:27 AM
GM reportedly admitted last month that it knew of problems with ignition switches but did not move quickly enough to fix them.
- Indian Pharma Cos Recall Diabetes, Cholesterol Meds
March 11 2014 8:22 AM
Indian pharmaceutical companies account for half of the warning letters issued by the FDA across the world.
- Dozens Quit HSBC's Hong Kong Office For Chinese Banks
March 11 2014 7:02 AM
Some banks like HSBC are trying to trim their retail-brokerage arms as competition is heating up in an already tough market.
- India Says Vodafone, Verizon Shared Client Information With UK Intelligence
March 11 2014 2:47 AM
UK's Vodafone, which received approval to buy out its Indian arm in February, is also involved in a $1.36 billion tax dispute in India.
- Pollution And Food Safety Top China's Legal Agenda In 2014
March 10 2014 8:39 AM
At the NPC's opening session last week, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang said that pollution is a major concern for administrators this year.
- Court Filings Show Lapses In Due Diligence At Credit Suisse
March 10 2014 6:19 AM
U.S. authorities have also claimed that the company helped thousands of Americans evade more than $10 billion in taxes.
- Obscure NW Chinese Group Claims Responsibility For Flight MH370
March 10 2014 5:55 AM
The Malaysia Airlines jet with 239 passengers and crew on board vanished Saturday and efforts continue to search for the Boeing 777.
- Google Could Face $5B Fine From India's Fair Trade Watchdog
March 10 2014 1:38 AM
Google, if found guilty of violating local norms, will pay India 10 percent of annual revenues for three years.
- Indian Lobby Group Writes To PM To Block Air Asia's License
March 08 2014 11:12 AM
The group had earlier written to the DGCA in February, which was rejected by the authority.
- 'Hairline Cracks' Found In 40 Boeing Planes
March 08 2014 10:51 AM
Boeing plans to deliver 110 787s this year, earning between $87.5 billion and $90.5 billion in revenue.
- Flawed Contract With HP Led To US Navy Network Hack: Report
March 07 2014 6:58 AM
A clean-up of the U.S. Navy’s intranet, which has 800,000 users at 2,500 locations, reportedly took four months and cost $10 million.
- How India's Top Security Adviser Characterized Russian Interests In Ukraine
March 07 2014 4:15 AM
There are more than 5,000 Indian nationals, including 4,000 students, living in different parts of Ukraine.
- India Drops Sedition Charges Against Kashmiri Students For Cheering Pakistan
March 07 2014 2:23 AM
The students who celebrated Pakistan's victory over India in the Asia Cup game last Sunday were charged with treason.
- 5 Afghan Soldiers Killed In NATO-Led Airstrike
March 06 2014 7:04 AM
Afghan president Hamid Karzai has ordered an investigation into the attack by NATO, which said it will be conducting an internal inquiry.
- Apple Moved Profits Away From Australia To Evade Taxes: Report
March 06 2014 4:41 AM
The issue of global businesses moving money around to avoid paying local taxes was also raised at the February G-20 meeting in Sydney.
- Violence And Arrests Follow Arvind Kejriwal On The Campaign Trail In India
March 06 2014 12:57 AM
The police reportedly detained 33 people after being forced to use water cannons to curb violence in New Delhi.
- Why China Hiked Defense Spending By Double Digits
March 05 2014 5:47 AM
Asia Pacific is the only region that saw an increase in defense budgets between 2009 and 2014, while the world’s total saw annual declines.
- Unrest At Beijing's Tiananmen Square: Reports
March 05 2014 2:12 AM
Last October, five people were killed when a jeep rammed through barricades at the historic site.
- India, US Spar On Intellectual Property Rights Compliance
March 05 2014 12:58 AM
The U.S. was concerned about a compulsory license given to India-based Natco Pharma to produce a cheaper cancer drug than Bayer's Nexavar.