Articles by Sneha Shankar
- Obama Signs Law To Ban Visas To Terrorist-Linked Envoys
April 19 2014 11:03 AM
According to an agreement, the U.S. is ordinarily obligated to grant visas to people invited to the United Nations headquarters.
- Putin Says Ukraine Debt Deadline Not Political
April 19 2014 10:27 AM
"We do not connect the economy with the political process," insists the Russian president.
- Glenmark Recalls Ulcer Drug In US
April 18 2014 9:49 AM
India accounts for more than 40 percent of generic and over-the-counter drugs sold in the U.S. and has been criticized for poor quality.
- US Warns Fund Managers Of More Russia Sanctions
April 18 2014 9:07 AM
Funds reported to reduce exposure to risk in Russia.
- Scores Killed In Attack On UN Base In South Sudan
April 18 2014 8:26 AM
More than 1 million people have been dislocated from their homes since December, and oil companies have been warned to pack up and leave.
- Record Turnout Midway Through India's Elections
April 17 2014 5:07 PM
Turnout was high in the key state of Karnataka -- 68 percent, vs. 59 in 2009 -- as voters chose between billionaires and anti-corruption crusaders.
- US Treasury Criticizes Yuan's 'Unprecedented' Movement
April 16 2014 7:37 AM
China's GDP growth slowed to its slowest pace in 18 months; as a result, officials are looking for ways to maintain the 7.5% target growth rate.
- Zebra Technologies To Buy Motorola Solutions' Enterprise Arm For $3.45B
April 16 2014 4:17 AM
Approximately 4,500 employees are expected to join Zebra when the transaction is complete.
- Ukraine's Military Recaptures Airfield, While Putin Warns Of Civil War
April 16 2014 2:04 AM
The European Union has broadened its sanctions against Russia while the U.S. is “seriously considering" adding more sanctions.
- India's Apex Court Asks Government To Recognize Transgender People As Third Gender
April 15 2014 8:19 AM
The latest decision follows the same court’s rule reinstating a ban on homosexuality, which the New Delhi’s High Court had legalized.
- Ukraine Says It Has Begun 'Anti-Terrorist Operation'
April 15 2014 5:16 AM
Separatist groups that favor Russia have taken over Ukrainian government buildings in Donetsk, Lugansk, Kharkov and Slavyansk.
- Diageo Plans To Raise Stake In United Spirits For $1.9B
April 15 2014 2:18 AM
The latest open offer is the second attempt by Diageo to gain a larger stake in the Bangalore, India-based company.
- GlaxoSmithKline Under Criminal Investigation In Poland
April 14 2014 7:25 AM
In the past, GSK has faced charges of corruption in China and Iraq. In 2012, it paid $3 billion to the FDA after pleading guilty for malpractice.
- Citigroup Cuts Nearly 300 Jobs
April 14 2014 3:57 AM
At the end of 2013, Citigroup had reduced its employee count by more than a fifth to 251,000 from 323,000 in 2008.
- US Slams Russia's Role In Ukraine In 'Fact Sheet'
April 14 2014 2:19 AM
The State Department refuted 10 claims made by Russia about the ongoing Ukraine crisis in a harshly worded statement.
- NASDAQ Composite Falls, Marking Its Worst Week Since 2012
April 12 2014 11:10 AM
Though stocks rebounded this week, weaker earnings dragged the stocks down again.
- MH370 Update: Pilot Made Call Before Plane Went Off Radar
April 12 2014 10:10 AM
A communication from co-pilot Hamid’s phone is detected at 11.30 p.m. on the night of the disappearance, according to investigators.
- China Sends Mixed Signals About High-Level Corruption
April 11 2014 7:39 AM
A Chinese activist and his supporters were arrested on charges of gathering a crowd to urge Chinese officials to disclose their assets.
- Vodafone Fully Takes Over Indian Operations For $1.68B
April 11 2014 4:36 AM
After the completion of Verizon's $130 billion stake sale, India will become the second-largest market for Vodafone after Germany.
- Amazon.com To Acquire comiXology
April 11 2014 2:00 AM
ComiXology is a popular app on Apple devices and had 180 million downloads of comic books and graphic novels worldwide by mid-2013.