- Russian Official Dismisses US Call For Action Against ISIS
September 17 2014 7:32 AM
Last week, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry had called on Russia to help the U.S. counter the rise of the Islamic State.
- Sony Quadruples Loss Estimate, Announces Job Cuts
September 17 2014 4:38 AM
In its previous estimate, the Japanese electronics giant had expected its mobile phones division to revive the company's fortunes.
- Australia Announces $6.35M More To Fight Ebola
September 17 2014 2:04 AM
With the latest pledge, Australia's total contribution to fight off the deadliest Ebola outbreak in history stands at more than $7 million.
- Syrian Military Airplane Crash Kills At Least 8 People
September 16 2014 8:01 AM
The warplane was shot down by rebel fighters, a report said, citing an activist group.
- Ukraine Passes Law Granting Rebels Limited Self Rule
September 16 2014 6:06 AM
Lawmakers in Ukraine also signed an agreement that promises deeper economic and political ties with the European Union.
- Kabul Suicide Bombing Kills At Least 3 NATO Personnel
September 16 2014 1:08 AM
A Taliban suicide bomber reportedly drove a vehicle loaded with explosives into a convoy carrying NATO-led troops.
- Russia Wants To 'Re-Establish Soviet Union,' Ukraine PM Says
September 13 2014 7:19 AM
Arseniy Yatsenyuk made the comment after Europe decided to implement new sanctions against Russia over Ukraine.
- Russia: Boston Bombing Accused's Defense Team Posed As FBI
September 13 2014 4:53 AM
Dzokhar Tsarnaev had said that the mastermind behind the Boston attack was his brother Tamerlan, who had also planned to attack Times Square.
- US Threatened Prosecution Over Ransom: James Foley's Parents
September 13 2014 2:54 AM
The slain journalist's parents said they collected money for a ransom payment, despite the threat of prosecution, which authorities deny.
- Germany Bans Islamic State After Hundreds Of Residents Enlist
September 12 2014 8:02 AM
Last month, Islamic State supporters attacked a group of Yazidis in the town of Herford, in western Germany.
- Cuba To Help Sierra Leone Fight Ebola
September 12 2014 6:14 AM
The Ebola virus, which has a death rate of about 50 percent, has already killed more than 2,200 people in West Africa.
- Unauthorized Doctor Present At Joan Rivers' Procedure In NY Clinic
September 12 2014 3:44 AM
Rivers died last week at Mount Sinai Hospital after alleged complications from a throat procedure at a Manhattan clinic.
- China Offers Russia 'Helping Hand' Against 'External Challenges'
September 12 2014 2:23 AM
Russia is looking to strengthen relations, as well as find new customers for its natural resources, in Asia, as relations sour with the West.
- Iran Tells West To Abandon 'Illogical Demands'
September 11 2014 9:05 AM
Iran has so far managed to win some concessions from Western nations by promising to scale back its nuclear program.
- Astronauts From US, Russia Return To Earth From Space Station
September 11 2014 6:54 AM
Cooperation between the U.S. and Russia on space projects has been jeopardized over the latter's role in the conflict in eastern Ukraine.
- North Korea Agrees To Release Report On Japanese Abductees
September 11 2014 3:00 AM
Pyongyang had announced the death of eight prisoners and returned the remaining five to Japan, but Tokyo had insisted on a fresh probe.
- What Is EV- D68? Hint: It's Affecting Hundreds Of US Children
September 10 2014 8:37 AM
A dozen U.S. states have now reported several children who are showing signs of having contracted the non-polio enterovirus.
- India Rescues Thousands, Including Pakistanis, From Kashmir Floods
September 10 2014 5:36 AM
At least 450 people have died in India and Pakistan from flooding in the Kashmir region, and nearly 76,000 people have been evacuated.
- Japan’s Nuclear Regulator Gives Final Safety Nod To Two Reactors
September 10 2014 2:17 AM
The move is a major breakthrough for Japan, which has been relying on fuel and coal imports for power for almost a year now.
- Shelling Kills 4 In Donetsk Despite Cease-Fire Agreement
September 09 2014 7:16 AM
The EU, which approved fresh sanctions against Russia on Monday for inciting unrest in eastern Ukraine, has delayed implementing them.