Articles by Sreeja VN
- ECB Promises To Extend Easy Policy As IP Numbers Cast Gloom
December 12 2013 6:39 AM
Continued weakness in European economies is forcing the ECB to continue with an accommodative monetary policy.
- Regulator Shuts Down 52 Bus Companies
December 12 2013 3:36 AM
Some of these carriers, with dismal safety records, reportedly have transported school bands, Boy Scouts and senior citizens.
- Facebook Now On S&P Indexes
December 12 2013 1:12 AM
Facebook's stock jumped after its inclusion to the S&P indexes, which puts it in the league of the largest US companies.
- India's Trade Deficit Narrows
December 11 2013 6:51 AM
A fall in imports of the precious metal helped Asia's third-largest economy post a sharp annual decline in its trade deficit.
- NASA Unveils New Super Humanoid Robot
December 11 2013 4:59 AM
Valkyrie, NASA's female-looking robot, would compete with other robots like Atlas and Thor in DARPA Robotic Trials.
- German Inflation Steady In November
December 11 2013 3:01 AM
Low energy prices helped Germany's consumer inflation rate to hold steady in the month of November.
- Second Suspect Surrenders In Paul Walker Accident Wreckage Theft
December 11 2013 12:18 AM
Both accused men were charged with felony grand theft and two misdemeanors and face more than four years in jail if convicted.
- Volvo Sheds Machine Rental Business Unit
December 10 2013 7:55 AM
The transaction is expected have a negative impact on the group’s operating income in the fourth quarter.
- Italy Stops Shrinking While UK Continues To Grow
December 10 2013 6:47 AM
Data on industrial production from around Europe painted a mixed picture about the health of the region's economy.
- Fukushima Investigator Calls For Black Box In Nuclear Plants
December 10 2013 5:10 AM
Regulators around the world should use a common language and standard procedures to address nuclear disasters, an independent investigator said.
- Fannie, Freddie To Hike Mortgage Guarantee Fees
December 10 2013 2:14 AM
The move would result in an average 11-basis-point increase in guarantee fees, and help private players.
- What US Tech Companies Want From Obama
December 09 2013 6:59 AM
The latest public revolt comes at a time when Obama is planning to introduce sweeping changes to the NSA and laws governing the agency.
- '127 Hours' Hiker Charged With Domestic Violence
December 09 2013 5:00 AM
Aron Ralston, who inspired the Academy Award-nominated 2010 movie "127 Hours," was arrested in Denver.
- Germany's Trade Surplus Narrows In October
December 09 2013 2:49 AM
Germany’s exports to EU member states grew by 2.1 percent while imports rose by 3.1 percent.
- Arctic Ice Melt Linked With Extreme Weather In US, Europe: Study
December 09 2013 2:28 AM
The findings further intensify a debate on the causes and role of global warming, and its impact on changing weather patterns across the globe.
- China Inflation Slows
December 08 2013 11:19 PM
A surprise consumer inflation reading in China in November eased fears about immediate policy tightening.
- FDA Approves Gilead's Sovaldi Drug To Treat Hepatitis C
December 07 2013 1:45 PM
In combination with other antiviral drugs, Sovaldi was found to significantly reduce the treatment period.
- US Veteran Merrill Freed By N. Korea
December 07 2013 11:54 AM
Rogue regime says Newman apologized for his offenses.
- Where Will Boeing Take Its $10B 777X Project Next?
December 06 2013 6:52 AM
Boeing handed out a long wish list that states will need to meet if they want to attract the company and the jobs it brings with it.
- Police Arrest Teen Who Stole Porsche Wreckage After Paul Walker's Death
December 06 2013 3:31 AM
A second suspect is making arrangements to surrender himself and criminal charges will be filed against both suspects.