Articles by Thomas Halleck
- Google Chromecast Update: Dongle Sold In ‘Millions,’ Worldwide Release Date Approaching (GOOG)
March 11 2014 9:26 AM
Google (GOOG) says it has sold millions of Chromecast dongles so far in the U.S., and an international release is approaching.
- Apple iWatch Concept's Stunning Design
March 10 2014 3:06 PM
Apple take note: Design student Tomas Moyano has unveiled a fitness-focused iWatch concept that we would buy in a heartbeat.
- As Google Smartwatch Release Date Nears, Android Boss Announces Wearable SDK
March 10 2014 1:06 PM
Sundar Pichai announced at SXSW in Austin, Tex., that Google would release an SDK for smartwatches and other Android wearables this month.
- Apple Looks For Siri Partners Prior To iWatch Release
March 08 2014 10:40 AM
Search apps are a key battleground for wearable technology.
- HP Chromebook 14 Review: Haswell Turbocharges Chrome OS
March 06 2014 2:49 PM
The HP Chromebook 14 is the best Google laptop on the market, thanks to its roomy size and incredible battery life.
- What Google's Doing To Fix Nexus 5 Battery Drain Issue
March 06 2014 7:16 AM
Google is aware of a renegade process that drains the Nexus 5 battery, and other Android devices with a Qualcomm chip.
- T-Mobile Customers Dropped BlackBerry For Other Manufacturers
March 05 2014 3:52 PM
In an upgrade program that drew ire from BlackBerry, T-Mobile saw a 15-fold increase in trade-ins during the promotion.
- Limefuel Nexus 5 Battery Case Review
March 05 2014 8:22 AM
Nexus 5 owners worried about battery life have an alternative to searching for a charger and outlet, but is Limefuel's battery case worth it?
- Google Glass Getting KitKat Update
March 04 2014 7:18 AM
Does Google's forthcoming KitKat update (Android 4.4) for Glass mean that the product is almost ready to ship, or will the LG Nexus Watch show up first?
- Windows Phone "Cortana" Leaks, Microsoft's Siri Killer
March 03 2014 12:59 PM
Windows Phone 8.1 will include Cortana, but will it unite Microsoft's Xbox One and Windows computers with mobile?
- Google Moves Forward With Project Ara
February 27 2014 7:24 AM
Google will hold a developer's conference and soon release a prototype of Ara, the smartphone with customizable hardware.
- Motorola Prototype ‘Nexus Gem’ Google Smartwatch Leaks Online
February 26 2014 4:21 AM
Images of a prototype Nexus smartwatch made by Motorola for Google, code-named the Gem, have leaked online.
- Moto X 2?: Motorola Alludes To Moto X Follow-Up [UPDATED]
February 25 2014 8:58 PM
Motorola said on Monday that a follow-up to its flagship Moto X was on the way, and that it will continue to innovate following its acquisition by Lenovo.
- Sony Xperia Z2 Announced, Release Date Approaches
February 25 2014 1:51 PM
Sony announced its 2014 flagship device is capable of recording 4k video, the waterproof Xperia Z2, at MWC 2014.
- Global Smartphone Usage Surpasses PCs
February 25 2014 12:30 PM
What's more, Americans spent about 7 more hours per month on their phones than on a computer, and the gap is even wider for Europeans.
- Report: Google Smartwatch Will Be Made By LG
February 24 2014 8:20 PM
Google is reportedly gearing up to release a smartwatch operating system, followed by a wearable product later this year.
- Next-Gen YotaPhone Sports Dual Touchscreen Displays
February 24 2014 3:05 PM
Yota announced at MWC 2014 that the latest YotaPhone release will spec a fully touchscreen e-Paper display and 5-inch 1080p screen.
- BlackBerry BBM For Android, iPhone Gets Voice Calling
February 15 2014 10:41 AM
BlackBerry released a major update to BBM for Android and iPhone on Thursday that allows users to make voice calls over data connections. How is it?
- Time Warner Cable Customers, Meet Comcast's Xfinity X1 Platform
February 13 2014 6:27 PM
Comcast has proposed a purchase of Time Warner Cable for $45.2 billion. Here's what TWC can expect if the deal goes through.
- 'Badland': Like 'Flappy Bird,' But Good
February 11 2014 5:00 PM
Mobile gamers are scrambling to get their "Flappy Bird" fix need look no further than "Badland," a dark, immersive one-tap side-scroller.