Articles by Thomas Halleck
- Google's Focus On Mobile Brings Fatter Earnings
April 15 2014 6:43 PM
Wall Street analysts expect Google to increase revenue and earnings in the first quarter of 2014.
- Google Search Could Soon Favor Encrypted Websites
April 14 2014 5:39 PM
Google's PageRank algorithm, the secret recipe for ranking high in search results, could begin to favor sites that protect Web visitors.
- Google To Host, Live Stream Project Ara Developer’s Conference
April 14 2014 1:31 PM
Google this week will host a developer's conference for Project Ara, its interchangeable smartphone hardware concept.
- Listen To This - Google Chrome Bug Could Let Websites Spy On Your Conversations
April 10 2014 3:36 PM
The bug could give malicious websites access to Chrome-generated transcripts of conversations within earshot of a computer's microphone.
- Google To Sell Project Glass To Anyone For One Day
April 10 2014 3:35 PM
Google said it would open orders of its wearable computing headset, Glass, to anyone in the US for one day.
- Supercell Releases "Clan Wars" For "Clash of Clans"
April 09 2014 6:26 PM
Mobile game "Clash of Clans" has released a new game feature, "Clan Wars."
- Google Maps Won't Label Crimea As Russia's, And Moscow Isn't Pleased
April 09 2014 11:15 AM
Crimea remains part of Ukraine, according to the mapping site, which is the most frequently used smartphone app in the world.
- How Some Countries Are Planning Future Of The Internet
April 08 2014 11:22 AM
In conjunction with Wikileaks, 23 nations will discuss human rights and the internet in São Paulo later this month.
- Motorola Bringing A Plus One To Moto X Party
April 07 2014 11:46 AM
Motorola said it would release a followup to the Moto X this summer, and reports say the phone will be called the Moto X+1.
- Nest Labs Halts Smoke Detector Sales Over 'Safety Concerns'
April 04 2014 1:09 PM
One of the product's features could cause customers to unintentionally turn off the smoke detector.
- Google Has Plans To Become A Wireless Carrier
April 03 2014 2:53 PM
Google is reportedly in talks to offer wireless phone service in cities where it operates Google Fiber.
- BlackBerry Breaks Up With T-Mobile
April 02 2014 6:02 PM
BlackBerry will not renew a contract to allow T-Mobile to sell its devices that ends later in April.
- Amazon Jumps Into The Set-Top Box Fray
April 02 2014 11:42 AM
Amazon announced Fire TV, a hands-free alternative to Apple TV and the Google Chromecast.
- Beamers First To Get Super-Brights
April 01 2014 8:06 PM
BMW will be the first car manufacturer to offer laser headlight technology, which it says is 30 percent brighter than LED bulbs.
- Google Wants You To Pay Bills With Google Now
March 31 2014 3:38 PM
Google is reportedly working on a bill reminder and payment feature for its digital personal assistant and Siri-competitor, Google Now.
- Facebook's Connectivity Lab: Drones, Lasers Will Bring Rest Of World Online
March 28 2014 2:41 PM
Facebook's Connectivity Lab is developing technology to connect the two-thirds of the world without Internet access.
- BlackBerry: Keyboards Are The Key
March 28 2014 11:56 AM
Focus will be on the keyboard form-factor after the failed launch of the touchscreen Z10.
- Amazon Mulling Free Prime Instant Video Offer
March 27 2014 6:01 PM
Amazon is considering a free-of-charge, ad-supported version of its Prime Instant Video service.
- Motorola To Charge 'Premium' Price For The Moto 360 Watch?
March 26 2014 6:19 PM
Motorola Mobility has not released details about the price or specs of the Moto 360 smartwatch, but consumers can expect it to cost at least as much as one of the company's smartphones.
- HTC's All New One 2014 (M8) Specs, Features, Photos Leak
March 25 2014 8:30 AM
The all-new HTC One (M8) will be announced on Tuesday, but its hardware, features and looks are already all over the place.