An Amber Alert in Texas has been called off after Ruby Zavala was found safe in a field around 3 p.m. Monday. Her boyfriend Jesus Ramirez, 23, allegedly kidnapped her a day earlier.

Police told NBC affiliate KXAS Ruby was rushed to the hospital and treated for minor injuries and dehydration.

Her family is thrilled the 14-year-old girl was found safe:

"I was just relieved, just relieved," her aunt Jessica Palacios told the local news station. "You've always heard 'hope for the best but expect the worst.'' I'm really glad it was for the best and not the worst -- so very, very, very relieved and happy."

Police believe Ramirez kidnapped his girlfriend, her mother and 3-year-old sister at knifepoint from Saint Michael's Catholic Church in Mount Pleasant on Sunday.

"She went to church. The dude was in the truck already with my sister with her throat and a knife," Ruby’s brother Edgar told KXAS. "She was trying to scream. She said he said, 'Shut up, or I'll kill you. I'll stab you.'"

It’s believed Ramirez became obsessed with Ruby after her mother found out about the relationship and told her to end it, her brother told NBC 5.

Ramirez let the mother and young child go after he reportedly heard her calling authorities on her cell phone.

The truck was found wrecked and abandoned eight miles out of the city a few hours later, KXAS said, and it’s believed Ramirez was driving the vehicle at the time of the accident.

Police, who considered Ramirez to be “obsessed and mentally ill,” currently have him in custody thanks to a tip they received on Monday. They then tracked down Ruby and her kidnapper with the help of cell phone technology.

The suspect told police he threw the knife used in the abduction somewhere into the woods. Authorities are searching for the weapon.

Before Ruby was found, Mount Pleasant Police Chief Wayne Isbell believed the kidnapping was planned, the Daily Mail wrote.

Isbell added: “We believe he is still unstable. He may be delusional. He's obsessed with the girl.”

Ramirez is expected to be charged with aggravated assault and three counts of kidnapping.