Opinion is divided about the merits of trying to imbue machines with human-like learning capabilities.
- The Cygnus spacecraft has been named the "S.S. Deke Slayton II" for the mission.
- According to a new survey, over the past decade, climate change has forced a large number of people from three Pacific island nations -- Kiribati, Tuvalu and Nauru -- to flee their countries.
- The spacecraft will use two cubes to try to detect these elusive ripples in space-time.
- Minnesota's medical marijuana program is currently one of the most restrictive in the country, and this change could add thousands of patients.
- Federal funding for the country's National AIDS Control Program was slashed by a fifth earlier this year -- a decision that was roundly criticized by health activists.
- The footprints found in lagoon-type sediment provide evidence that sauropods spent some time in the water.
- A little over a year later, Orbital ATK gets ready to deliver cargo to the International Space Station.
- For employees and volunteers at Planned Parenthood and other women's health clinics, the threat of harassment and violence is always there.
- Winter weather advisories were in place from central Nebraska to northwest Wisconsin and northeast Minnesota.
- While returning from his Africa trip, Pope Francis said the continent faced more urgent concerns than condom use, such as malnutrition and environmental damage.
- Getting into space is an expensive business. But a re-usable space plane like this could revolutionize hyper-sonic flight and make space access much cheaper.
- With COP21 set to begin in Paris, representatives from less developed countries worry that their needs will be ignored in the hunt for a deal.
- The Health Ministry is calling the link "is a unique situation in global scientific research."
- Police arrested or detained hundred of protesters Sunday, amid a rowdy kickoff to a week of international climate change negotiations in Paris.
- Ahead of the COP 21 conference, scheduled to begin Monday, activists want world leaders to do more to curb greenhouse gas emissions and limit warming.
- Investigators used radar to confirm a theory by British Egyptologist Nicholas Reeves that the boy king's tomb extended farther than initially believed.
- Friday's shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado is one of many in the history of arson attacks and violence against the organization.
- For the first time ever, scientists have witnessed the rare event, which occurs when a star falls into a black hole’s gravitational well.
- Adolescents are the only age group for which the mortality figures are not decreasing, according to a new report from Unicef.
- The world's largest particle accelerator was successful in colliding lead ions at 1,045 teraelectronvolts (TeV) -- twice as high as that achieved in any previous experiment.