- Meet 'Sir Charles Barkley,' The Adorable French Bulldog
March 27 2013 11:17 AM
Meet Sir Charles Barkley, a French bulldog who has charmed thousands of Instagram users with photos of his cute mug, stealing the thunder from Grumpy Cat.
- Red Equal Sign Memes: 14 Of The Funniest HRC Symbols Online During Supreme Court Gay Marriage Hearings [PHOTOS]
March 27 2013 8:36 AM
The red equal sign being shared all over Facebook has, of course, turned into a perfect opportunity for social media users to make memes to show their support for the gay marriage hearings at the Supreme Court.
- Facebook To Add New 'Reply' Feature By July
March 27 2013 7:56 AM
Facebook plans to add a new 'reply' feature, which will allow users to directly respond to individual comments, by July.
- Red Equal Sign Goes Viral On Facebook During Supreme Court Gay Marriage Hearing
March 26 2013 2:26 PM
Facebook became a sea of red on Tuesday with many users posting a photo of a red equal sign in solidarity of the Supreme Court gay marriage hearings.
- Pro-Syria Group Hacks BBC Weather Twitter Account [PHOTOS]
March 21 2013 12:43 PM
The BBC's Weather Twitter account was hacked Thursday, posting anti-Semitic tweets to its 60,000 followers.
- Facebook Event Live Stream: Watch The Redesigned News Feed Debut Online [VIDEO]
March 07 2013 1:34 PM
Facebook on Thursday introduced a brand-new look to its News Feed. Watch a live stream of the event, here.
- Twitter Has Fun With Fake Pope Names
March 01 2013 1:03 PM
#UnlikelyPopeNames is currently trending on Twitter as users have fun coming up with names that will not come up during the College of Cardinals discussion of Pope Benedict XVI's successor.
- The Death Knell Of The ‘Harlem Shake’
February 27 2013 10:27 AM
The "Harlem Shake" pandemic viral Internet video has been commercially embraced. Is this the logical conclusion for an Internet meme?
- Twitter Launches Its Own Advertising API
February 20 2013 5:47 PM
Twitter introduced its new advertising API on Wednesday to allow businesses to create more types of native advertising than they were previously able to on the social network.
- Facebook Wins Court Battle Against German Privacy Watchdog Over Real Name Policy
February 15 2013 12:11 PM
An administrative court in Northern Germany granted Facebook a “suspensive effect” against an order leveled against the social network to change its real name policy.
- Ex-San Diego Mayor Lost Over $1 Billion Gambling
February 14 2013 10:14 PM
Former San Diego mayor Maureen O’Connor stated on Thursday that she had siphoned $2.1 million from her late husband’s charity foundation to bankroll a severe gambling addiction which ultimately lost her over $1 billion over a decade.
- Is Facebook Down? Here's Why You're Getting A 'Facebook Will Be Back Soon' Message
February 14 2013 10:12 PM
Many Facebook users were surprised to find that the site was down Thursday evening, but the site has provided an explanation for social media addicts looking to post Valentine's Day messages and photos.
- Twitter Hoax Claims Body Found In Burned Cabin Belonged To A Female, Not Christopher Dorner
February 13 2013 6:27 PM
One night after “killer cop” Christopher Dorner was suspected killed following a firefight in a rural California cabin, conspiracy theories have swept Twitter stating that the charred body found in the burned cabin did not belong to Dorner, but to an unidentified female.
- Why Is American Express Partnering With Twitter?
February 13 2013 5:29 PM
When a financial services giant joins forces with a social media start-up to spearhead a new kind of e-commerce, things are bound to get interesting.
- Facebook Deletes Facial Recognition Data For EU Users
February 07 2013 4:22 PM
Facebook has deleted all of the facial recognition data it held for European users after German and Irish authorities questioned its compliance with privacy laws.
- $200 To Quit Facebook? Father Pays Daughter Hundreds To Stay Off FB For Months
February 06 2013 9:24 PM
Rachel Baier agreed to sign a contract with her father Paul where she agreed to stay off Facebook for five months in exchange for $200.
- Hoax Claims Facebook Will 'Be Closed For Maintenance' Later This Month
February 06 2013 12:41 PM
The warning going around that "Facebook will be closed for maintenance from February 29th to 31st" is nothing to worry about, because, if you check your calendar, none of the dates in that range will be taking place this year.
- World Nutella Day 2013: Origins, Freebies And Deals Around The Globe On The Hazelnut Chocolate Spread
February 05 2013 11:49 AM
From Kuala Lumpur to Kansas City, peddlers of sweet treats around the globe are partaking in World Nutella Day by doling out freebies and deals on the hazelnut chocolate spread.
- What Happens To Your Facebook After Death? Much Like The Afterlife, No One Really Knows
February 04 2013 10:40 PM
Facebook has changed how we use the Internet but its extensive usage has led to many interesting questions about privacy and security. Perhaps the most interesting could be what happens to your Facebook after death? Turns out several senators are examining that very question.
- McCain's Racist Tweets About Ahmadinejad Draws Criticism From All
February 04 2013 2:27 PM
Republican Senator John McCain from Arizona posted a racist tweet on Twitter earlier today that has gotten a good deal of backlash from both parties.