- Privacy Group Grumbles Over Facebook Mood Experiments To FTC
July 03 2014 2:54 PM
The group is also asking Facebook to make the News Feed algorithm public.
- A Cynical Look At Burger King’s Pride Whopper
July 03 2014 2:36 PM
The fast-food giant’s viral video was less about inclusion than about selling burgers.
- Teen Who Hunts Endangered Animals In Africa Condemned By Humane Society
July 03 2014 11:09 AM
Kendall Jones, the Texas teen whose Facebook photos posing with endangered animals she hunted in Africa went viral, has a new enemy on her list: The Humane Society.
- Facebook's Freewheeling Data Scientists Under Scrutiny
July 03 2014 2:59 AM
Following the largely negative feedback to its “emotional contagion” experiment, Facebook's data science team now has a lot to answer for.
- Twitter Sued Over Spammy Texts
July 02 2014 4:06 PM
A class-action lawsuit accuses Twitter of sending illegal texts to recycled phone numbers without the owners’ consent.
- What Selfies Say About The New ‘Normal’ In Plastic Surgery
July 02 2014 12:58 PM
Plastic surgeons across the country are treating a younger clientele thanks to the growing demands of social media.
- Prep School’s Black Student Body President Force To Resign Because Of ‘Offensive’ Photos
July 02 2014 12:55 PM
Maya Peterson had to give up her role at the New Jersey prep school after she posted 'offensive' images mocking her "typical white classmates."
- 'We Never Meant To Upset You'
July 02 2014 11:56 AM
Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg apologized for the way a controversial study was "communicated" on Wednesday.
- Facebook's Controversial Experiment Prompts UK Probe
July 02 2014 3:58 AM
If found guilty of manipulating the news feeds of hundreds of thousands of users, the company may have to cough up a hefty fine.
- Tim Howard, Julian Green Praised On Twitter After US Loss
July 01 2014 7:28 PM
The U.S. might be out of the World Cup, but the outstanding efforts of Tim Howard and Julian Green against Belgium are being praised on Twitter.
- Were You A Subject In Facebook’s Mood Experiment?
July 01 2014 5:05 PM
Facebook experimented on nearly 700,000 users but tinkering with their news feeds to see how it affected their emotions. But were you one of them?
- Teenage Trophy Hunter Called ‘Slut,’ Facing Death Threats
July 01 2014 4:58 PM
A 19-year-old game hunter was hoping for fame, but she got more than she bargained for after posting pictures of her trophy animals.
- Revenge Porn Now Banned In Colorado, Idaho
July 01 2014 3:25 PM
The unauthorized posting of explicit pictures or videos of an ex-lover is now illegal in a number of US states, with more legislation pending.
- Adam Richman’s New Show Pulled After Suicide Rant
July 01 2014 3:14 PM
The premiere of "Man V. Food" host Adam Richman's new series 'Man Finds Food" has been pulled by the Travel Channel.
- For First Time Since WWII, Japan's Military Can Fight Abroad
July 01 2014 12:39 PM
And guess who isn't happy about the long-standing military policy shift? China.
- Tinder Sexual Harassment Suit Is Latest Example Of Tech's Misogyny
July 01 2014 12:29 PM
Whitney Wolfe, a co-founder of the Tinder dating app, is just the latest woman is highlight the seemingly widespread sexual harassment in Silicon Valley.
- Twitter Hires Goldman Sachs Banker Who Led Its IPO
July 01 2014 11:58 AM
Anthony Noto, whose team made Goldman Sachs the leader in tech IPOs last year, will join Twitter as its chief financial officer.
- This Teen Posts Photos With Endangered Animals She Hunted In Africa
July 01 2014 11:58 AM
Kendall Jones, a 19-year-old from Texas, is sparking outrage online for posting photos of herself smiling with dead animals—most of them endangered species—she gunned down while hunting big game in Africa.
- Israeli Celebrities Mourn Slain Teenagers On Social Media
July 01 2014 11:50 AM
Israeli-born NBA player Omri Casspi called the deaths of the boys "an unspeakable tragedy."
- Could Facebook Get Sued By 700,000 Lab Rats?
June 30 2014 7:07 PM
Some users feel violated after learning they were part of a secret study, but a legal challenge would be tricky.