- Bitstrips Backlash: How To Block The Facebook Comic App
October 29 2013 11:53 AM
Bitstrips has taken over Facebook, but is the backlash spreading just as rapidly? Here's how to block the comic creation app from your news feed.
- Why Giraffe Profile Photos Are Sweeping Facebook
October 28 2013 6:06 PM
Here's why thousands of Facebook users have changed their profile pictures to images of giraffes.
- Is Twitter Overhyped And Overvalued?
October 28 2013 4:46 PM
While initial analyses called Twitter's valuation conservative, others are saying its IPO price range is way too high.
- Facebook Expected To Turn Profitable In Q3 Earnings Report
October 28 2013 1:50 PM
Wall Street has high earning expectations after shares doubled in the last three months and mobile advertising looks promising.
- Who Is Twitter's New Head Of News Partnerships?
October 25 2013 3:28 PM
Twitter announced Thursday that Vivian Schiller has been hired as the new Head of News Partnerships.
- Twitter IPO Priced At $17 To $20 Per Share
October 24 2013 5:50 PM
An IPO at that level would value Twitter at more than $12 billion, much larger than older Internet companies like AOL.
- Facebook Phishing Scam
October 23 2013 1:06 PM
A phishing scam quickly spread through Facebook on Monday by appealing to users that like big butts.
- 'Kill Everyone In China' Comment Sparks White House Petition
October 23 2013 12:02 PM
Many people were offended by a segment on Jimmy Kimmel's late night show where a kid said the U.S. should "kill everyone in China."
- White House Official Fired For Tweeting Under Fake Name
October 22 2013 10:57 PM
Jofi Joseph was fired after being outed as the Twitter user infamous for criticizing White House policies and top officials.
- Chinese Losing Sleep Over Mobile Phone Attachment
October 22 2013 11:09 AM
Many Chinese are struggling to turn their phones off in bed. Now there's an app that forces them to.
- Google Partners With Facebook
October 21 2013 1:58 PM
Is the relationship between Google and Facebook warming?
- Is Facebook Down?
October 21 2013 9:54 AM
Wondering why you haven’t heard much about the weekend from your friends and family on Facebook today?
- Conservative Tweeters Revolt Against GOP Over Debt Deal
October 17 2013 3:46 PM
Conservative Twitter users turned their ire on Republicans, led by Sen. Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, who voted for the debt deal.
- Facebook Relaxes Privacy Rules For Teens
October 17 2013 4:25 AM
If teenagers change the setting to “Public,” they see a pair of pop-up warnings, reminding them of the risks involved.
- Yahoo Mail Incites Internet Rage
October 15 2013 4:29 PM
Yahoo revealed a complete overhaul of Yahoo Mail last week to celebrate the email service’s 16th birthday, but it is not going over well with users.
- SnapHack Allows Users To Save SnapChat Messages
October 15 2013 1:09 PM
SnapHack launched this week, and allows users to save and reopen SnapChat messages even after the timer expires.
- The Lowdown On Twitter's New Direct Message Feature
October 15 2013 11:38 AM
Twitter users will notice a new option that allows them to receive direct messages from any follower, even if you don’t follow them back.
- Facebook Stock Drops After Onavo Purchase
October 14 2013 12:42 PM
Facebook announced that it acquired Onavo, a software developer focused on compressing mobile data, Sunday night for an undisclosed sum.
- Google ‘Shared Endorsements’ Feature Uses Your Photo In Ads
October 12 2013 3:31 PM
Google’s new ad feature will use your face and name to sell products to anyone in its ad network. Here’s how to opt out of it.
- Twitter’s Hidden Revenue Stream Flows From Personal Data We Reveal In Tweets
October 11 2013 8:40 PM
Roughly 15 percent of Twitter’s revenue is generated by a quiet side business of selling its data stream and user information.