- Dotcom To Sue NZ Cops For Illegal Raid
December 06 2012 7:09 PM
Fortunes are changing for Megaupload founder Kim Dotcom, whose file-sharing website and servers were raided illegally in January by New Zealand police. A new court ruling from New Zealand’s High Court has confirmed that the country’s spy agency illegally spied on him and must make public the details of their Dotcom surveillance.
- All About Hot Social App Keek For iPhone And Android
December 05 2012 9:11 PM
Keek was released in March and has exploded in popularity in the ensuing months, receiving 250 million page views and 21 million visits in August alone.
- Ellen Grossman: Get To Know The Elderly Woman Who Had No Clue Who Jay-Z Was On The NYC Subway [VIDEO]
December 05 2012 8:05 AM
Get to know Ellen Grossman, the New York artist seen in Jay-Z's documentary video who admits during a ride on the subway that she has no clue who he is.
- AARP Launches New Online Dating Service For Older Americans
December 04 2012 11:43 AM
AARP hopes to unite members with a new dating service.
- SugarSync Now Offers Access Via Smartphones
November 30 2012 8:01 AM
SugarSync, the provider of virtual storage in the cloud, introduced a service to allow customers to synchronize data using all versions of smartphones.
- Plyfe Upgrades Access From PCs To Smartphones
November 29 2012 12:02 PM
Plyfe, the website that allows customers to get unusual rewards by playing games on Facebook, is now available via smartphones.
- Workday's First Post-IPO Results Beat Estimates
November 29 2012 11:32 AM
Shares of Workday Inc. (NYSE: WDAY), among the hottest initial public offerings, fell after the company reported better-than-expected results.
- Lattice Engines Gets New Cash, Sees 'Big Data' Gains Ahead
November 28 2012 7:55 AM
At Lattice Engines, CEO Shashi Upadhyay believes his salesPRISM software will be the foundation that unlock new sales leads.
- Gmail Supports Google Drive Attachments Up To 10GB
November 28 2012 7:29 AM
Google is making it easier for users to attach Google Drive files into Gmail messages allowing up to 10GB file attachments when sending an email.
- IBM Says 'Cyber Monday' Set Sales Record
November 27 2012 10:43 AM
“Cyber Monday” sales surged more than 30 percent above last year, creating the top online sales day, IBM (NYSE: IBM) said.
- Tumblr Claims Top 10 Traffic Spot
November 26 2012 6:13 PM
New data from Quantcast has put Tumblr in the top ten most-trafficked networks, an achievement that the New York-based startup spoke of too soon by announcing that it had become one of the top ten most-trafficked websites.
- Facebook Shares Gain After Analyst Upgrades
November 26 2012 2:56 PM
Shares of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB) surged as much as 9 percent after two major investment firms upgraded their ratings.
- Smartphones, iPads Helped Shoppers Buy Better This Year
November 26 2012 10:08 AM
U.S. consumers used mobile platforms to generate a 17.4 percent boost in online sales, according to an IBM survey.
- Salesforce.com Reports Robust 3Q Results And Sees Further Gains
November 20 2012 4:44 PM
Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the customer-relationship management software developer, reported stronger than expected third-quarter results.
- Facebook To Slowdown A Bit While Transitioning To Secure Connection
November 20 2012 7:38 AM
Facebook users are likely to witness a slight slowdown in their connections shortly as the social networking site makes the transition for all its users to secure HTTPS connection this week.
- Facebook Won't Tap Yahoo For Search Improvements
November 19 2012 3:38 PM
Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, quashed market speculation it might forge an alliance with Yahoo (Nasdaq: YHOO), the No. 3 search engine.
- Worldwide PaaS Revenue To Reach $1.2 Billion In 2012
November 19 2012 4:48 AM
Worldwide platform as a service (PaaS) revenue is estimated to reach $1.2 billion by the end of 2012, up from $900 million in 2011, a latest Gartner report stated.
- Cisco To Buy Cloud-Networking Firm Meraki For $1.2B
November 18 2012 9:33 PM
Cisco Systems announced Sunday it plans to acquire privately held cloud-networking company Meraki Inc. for about $1.2 billion.
- Anonymous Attacks Israeli Websites Over Gaza
November 15 2012 11:32 PM
The hacker collective Anonymous said Thursday that it is harassing and disabling Israeli websites to protest the bombing of Gaza.
- Facebook Shares Fall Again After Partial Andreessen Bailout
November 15 2012 3:34 PM
Shares of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB) resumed their fall after director and early investor Marc Andreessen cashed out a big position.