- Facebook Introduces New Tools For Media Brands
September 09 2013 7:13 PM
Facebook is rolling out tools that let news organizations find real-time conversation data around certain topics and integrate it into coverage.
- Instagram Ads Coming Within A Year?
September 09 2013 3:49 PM
Instagram announced Sunday that it passed the 150 million monthly active users milestone. Now it is finalizing plans to bring ads to the platform.
- China Dispels Rumors By Releasing Top 10 Fake Online News Stories
September 07 2013 10:01 AM
The most recent development in China's crackdown on spreading news rumors online is a compilation of the country's top fake stories.
- Facebook Rewards Indian Engineer For Finding Critical Bug
September 06 2013 7:32 AM
An engineer from India, who found a photo-related bug on Facebook mobile app, was rewarded with $12,500 by the company.
- Samsung Galaxy Gear Brings Plethora Of Apps
September 05 2013 1:32 AM
Samsung’s new Galaxy Gear smart watch features 70 native apps.
- Awkward Chinese Childhood Photo Trend Goes Viral On Weibo
September 04 2013 12:02 PM
We all have seen embarrassing childhood photos of ourselves. China's children of the 80s and 90s raise the bar.
- The Only Time Xi Jinping Will Have #NoFilter? On Instagram
September 04 2013 10:48 AM
Instagram is becoming increasingly popular among world leaders, and China's president is the latest to have joined. Or is it a clever fake?
- Want To Complain About An Airline? Buy A Promoted Tweet
September 03 2013 10:55 PM
What do you do when your airline has lost your luggage and won’t respond to your emails? Buy a promoted tweet on Twitter.
- Positive Pregnancy Tests Sold On Craigslist, 'No Questions Asked'
September 02 2013 1:29 PM
A growing number of pregnant women have been selling their positive pregnancy tests on Craigslist.
- Facebook Considers Facial Recognition Database, Says Users Can Opt Out
August 29 2013 3:21 PM
Facebook is thinking of making a facial recognition database.
- First Ever Facebook Transparency Report Released
August 29 2013 3:05 PM
The report provides the first look at requests for user data made by governments.
- Adultery Website Ashley Madison Looks For China’s Unfaithful
August 28 2013 9:22 AM
Ashley Madison, a site for married people looking to have an affair, has launched in Hong Kong, and thinks of conquering greater China.
- Facebook Market Value Tops $100 Billion
August 26 2013 8:03 PM
The surge in value is further proof that investors are betting on Facebook’s ability to earn more advertising revenue in the future.
- Largest Gun Bust In NYC History Revealed With Instagram's Help
August 21 2013 6:39 PM
An aspiring New York City rapper's Instagram photos helped the NYPD uncover a multi-state gun ring.
- Facebook Hacker Gets $10K
August 21 2013 3:51 PM
Facebook offered an apology to the Palestinian hacker who infiltrated Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook Timeline, and an Indiegogo account compensated the hacker with more than $11k.
- Facebook Announces Global Internet Access Project
August 21 2013 5:27 AM
Facebook and 6 other tech companies will work together to make the Internet accessible the billions who don't have it.
- Google Glass Eye Tracking May Introduce Pay-Per-Gaze Advertising
August 20 2013 7:30 PM
Google was granted a patent that it filed in May 2011 for a “Gaze Tracking System” to record a user’s engagement with advertising.
- Kanye West Reveals Picture Of North West On Kris Jenner's Show
August 20 2013 7:24 PM
Kanye West revealed a photo of his daughter North West, whose mom is Kim Kardashian, during a taping of Kris Jenner's talk show earlier this week.
- Hacker Denied Reward For Discovering Facebook Bug
August 19 2013 11:35 AM
Facebook is denying a reward to a Palestinian hacker who discovered a bug that allows users to post to anyone's Facebook Timeline.
- Facebook Ignores Bug, Zuck Pays The Price
August 19 2013 2:25 AM
Facebook recently ignored a bug report from a security expert, who later used the flaw to hack Mark Zuckerberg’s profile.