- Friday's launch will be the first for Orbital ATK since a 2014 launch failure.
- Opinion is divided about the merits of trying to imbue machines with human-like learning capabilities.
- Radiation from Japan's 2011 nuclear disaster has contaminated the previously identified sites along the North American shores, confirm scientists.
- Ajanta Pharma has launched its generic Montelukast Sodium tablets for treatment of people with asthma and seasonal allergy in the United States.
- A new study suggests that more than 50 percent of the Americans at a greater risk of heart disease because of increased cholesterol levels do not take medications to lower it down.
- The Cygnus spacecraft has been named the "S.S. Deke Slayton II" for the mission.
- While authorities in Beijing issued an “orange alert” following the deteriorating outdoor conditions, there is no such formal mechanism to issue an alert in the Indian capital.
- According to a new survey, over the past decade, climate change has forced a large number of people from three Pacific island nations -- Kiribati, Tuvalu and Nauru -- to flee their countries.
- A study conducted by researchers at the Hiroshima University suggests that statins can help prevent recurrence of stroke due to larger artery atherosclerosis.
- The spacecraft will use two cubes to try to detect these elusive ripples in space-time.
- Minnesota's medical marijuana program is currently one of the most restrictive in the country, and this change could add thousands of patients.
- Federal funding for the country's National AIDS Control Program was slashed by a fifth earlier this year -- a decision that was roundly criticized by health activists.
- The footprints found in lagoon-type sediment provide evidence that sauropods spent some time in the water.
- A little over a year later, Orbital ATK gets ready to deliver cargo to the International Space Station.
- For employees and volunteers at Planned Parenthood and other women's health clinics, the threat of harassment and violence is always there.
- Winter weather advisories were in place from central Nebraska to northwest Wisconsin and northeast Minnesota.
- While returning from his Africa trip, Pope Francis said the continent faced more urgent concerns than condom use, such as malnutrition and environmental damage.
- Getting into space is an expensive business. But a re-usable space plane like this could revolutionize hyper-sonic flight and make space access much cheaper.
- A leading U.K.-based pediatrician has warned that people who overuse paracetamol-based medicines such as Calpol could be putting their children's lives at risk.
- The discovery of molecular mechanism associated with destruction of brain cell connections during the onset of dementia could pave the way for more research into possible treatments.
- A team of Italian researchers has developed a humanoid robot that can interact with the environment as humans do.
- With COP21 set to begin in Paris, representatives from less developed countries worry that their needs will be ignored in the hunt for a deal.