The Chicago Dental Society surveyed more than 300 members to find out the strangest dental requests they'd ever received from patients.
Prosthetic fangs, gold grills, tooth tattoos - these might sound crazy to you, but wait until you hear some other requests. The answers might shock you!
* Can you give my dog braces?
* Can I keep the teeth you pull out of my mouth? I'd like to make a necklace out of them.
* May I have an emergency cleaning visit? It's my high school reunion and I need a bright, white smile to face my old boyfriend.
* Will you give me local anesthesia in my lips? I'm going in for permanent lipstick tattoos on my lips, and would like to avoid the pain.
* I just broke off my engagement. Can you prepare my tooth so that I can keep the diamond in it?
* Pull all my teeth, and just give me dentures.
* I will pay you or your hygienist to floss my teeth at my office every day.
* Can you ID this set of dentures left in the bathroom of the bar I work at?
* Please wire my mouth shut to aid in my diet.
* Can you extract my tooth without anesthesia?