- Two lawmakers overseeing energy legislation in the U.S. accepted fossil fuel money — just as they passed bills to enrich the oil and gas industry.
- The prosecutor investigating the Bridgegate scandal faces questions about his staff's deep ties to New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.
- Amid a probe of New Jersey pension fees, documents show that millions more went to the firm of the governor's chief fundraiser.
- Top fundraisers for George W. Bush's presidential campaigns received $1.7 billion in business from the state of Florida while Jeb Bush was in charge.
- Hillary Clinton, then secretary of state, lauded Colombia's human rights record as oil company cash flowed to her family foundation.
- Gov. Chris Christie's administration paid fees to his wife's investment firm after New Jersey's investment in the firm was terminated.