Articles by Intel
- Markets Keep Rallying As Companies Brace for Tough Q3
September 18 2012 1:42 PM
The stock markets are having a monster rally. But next earnings season might challenge that.
- Windows 8 RT Tablets: Asus Vivo Price Tag Likely To Start At $599
September 18 2012 8:54 AM
As the world keenly watches the next-round of the tablet war with Microsoft and its longstanding partners gearing up to launch the tablets that run on Windows 8 OS and Apple designing the launch of a smaller version of iPad in the same month, rumors are rife that Microsoft's hardware partner Asus has priced the Vivo Tab RT model at $599.
- Microsoft Surface Tablet Price Hinted By Steve Ballmer; Rumors Indicated Lower Cost For Windows RT Device
September 17 2012 12:41 PM
Microsoft is venturing deeper into the mobile industry with its upcoming Surface tablet, set for an Oct. 26 release date along its next-gen operating system, Windows 8. The official price for the Surface tablet still remains a mystery, but Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has shared some insight as to the role of cost when it comes to determining a device?s quality.
- Apple iPhone 5 Event Rumors: Will Thunderbolt Have Its Coming Out Party On iOS?
September 10 2012 10:47 AM
Apple won't discuss products before they're ready for release, but most major news outlets have reported on Apple's plans to slim down the traditional dock connector across its entire family of iOS devices, which includes iPhones, iPads and iPods, from 30 pins to 9 pins. If by some chance this new iOS dock connector is indeed Thunderbolt-friendly, Apple will have finally, successfully made its Thunderbolt investment worthwhile. Apple iPhone 5 Event Rumors: Will Thunderbolt Have Its Comi...
- Emma Watson, Jessica Biel, Eva Mendes, Selena Gomez Among Most Dangerous Celebrities On Web
September 10 2012 8:31 AM
Emma Watson has become the favorite celebrity for the cyber criminals to lure the unsuspecting browsers.
- HP Unveils Four New All-In-One Windows 8 Desktops
September 10 2012 7:19 AM
Hewlett-Packard launched four all-in-one PCs Monday running on Windows 8. The new desktop line-up includes HP Envy 23, HP Envy 20, HP SpectreOne and HP Pavilion 20.
- Intel Warns Chip Sales Slid; Chops Revenue Estimate To $13.2B
September 07 2012 9:43 AM
Intel (Nasdaq: INTC), the No. 1 chipmaker, warned third-quarter sales would be far below prior estimates, chopping as much as $600 million from predictions.
- HP Unveils New Tablet, A Year Post-TouchPad Fiasco
August 30 2012 1:06 PM
Hewlett-Packard Co. (NYSE: HPQ), the No. 1 computer maker, announced its first tablet a year after withdrawing the TouchPad after it bombed with consumers.
- IDC Shaves PC Forecast To Below 1% After HP, Dell Report Poor Results
August 28 2012 3:48 PM
IDC revised its forecast for this year’s PC sales gains to only 0.9 percent, after the top U.S. giants, Hewlett-Packard Co. (NYSE: HPQ) and Dell (Nasdaq: DELL), reported lower PC sales for their latest financial quarters. By contrast, tablet sales, headed by the iPad from Apple (Nasdaq:M AAPL) should surge 54 percent.
- HP 3Q Results: Whitman Takes Record $8.9B Charge; Revenue Slumps Below Estimates
August 22 2012 4:24 PM
Hewlett-Packard Co. (NYSE: HPQ), the world’s biggest computer company, reported third-quarter financials after the market close Wednesday, taking a record charge of $10.8 billion that resulted in a net loss of $8.9 billion, or $4.49 a share.
- Hewlett-Packard 3Q Earnings: Will It Be Whitman’s Final Loss?
August 22 2012 8:02 AM
Hewlett-Packard Co. (NYSE: HPQ), the world’s biggest computer company, has nowhere to go but up. Scheduled to report third-quarter financials after the market close Wednesday, investors and technologists will be watching for signs that its restructuring and massive write-offs are over.
- Dell?s 2Q Misses Estimates; Projects Low Growth As Shares Plunge
August 21 2012 4:19 PM
Dell (Nasdaq: DELL), the No. 3 PC maker, reported second-quarter results that missed analyst?s estimates. Worse, the company said it expected third-quarter performance to fall below expectations.
- IBM Buys Texas Memory To Battle Intel-Micron Flash JV
August 21 2012 12:43 PM
International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE: IBM), the no. 2 computer maker that?s also one of the biggest chipmakers, said it plans to acquire private Texas Memory Systems to bolster its offerings in the flash-memory sector crucial for new servers and mobile products.
- Twitter, Social Networking Influence Put to Ultimate Test in Ultrabook Race
August 21 2012 8:03 AM
Intel's Ultrabook Race is the very first race that will put your social networking prowess to the test. Twitter influence will be put to play as four contestants battle for social networking supremacy as they run through the urban jungles of Moscow and Sydney searching for clues and their followers and friends on Twitter and their other social networks aid them in their quest.
- Dell 2Q Earnings Preview: Now In Third Place, Where?s New Growth?
August 21 2012 5:54 AM
Dell is scheduled to report second-quarter results Tuesday below last year?s. For the first time, the company founded by Chairman Michael S. Dell nearly 30 years ago in a dorm room will be ranked No. 3 in PC sales, having lost its No. 2 ranking last quarter to China?s Lenovo Group.
- A Syrian Rebel's Story Of Deceit And Disillusion In The Fight Against Assad: 'Now, It's All Ruined'
August 18 2012 6:56 PM
Raed, 21, is a wounded rebel fighter in the Syrian civil war now hiding from the forces of the country's President Bashar al-Assad. But the revolution he fought for, Raed says ruefully, has been hijacked.
- Windows 8 Release Leak Indicates New Skype App, RT Tablet Rumored Price $200 to $300 Lower Than Standard Version
August 17 2012 5:15 PM
The release date for Microsoft’s Windows 8 is drawing near, and another purported leak of what will be featured in the new operating system has surfaced online. The long-time PC manufacturer seems to be crafting a new version of video chat service Skype catered to the new Windows 8 user interface.
- Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Drops Intel, Bets On Oil
August 15 2012 11:27 AM
Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE:BRK.B) dumped its shares of Intel Corporation (Nasdaq: INTC) last quarter and cut its stake in The Procter & Gamble Company (NYSE: PG) while boosting its exposure to oil refining and oil services.
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.1 Update: 4 Major Issues We Hope Apple Fixes
August 14 2012 4:48 PM
Mac OS X Mountain Lion has out for about three weeks now, and millions of downloads later, it looks like Apple is getting ready to release the first major maintenance update for the new platform. Apple seeded OS X 10.8.1 to developers on Friday, but what exactly is Apple planning to fix in 10.8.1? Here are 4 major bugs, errors and issues that Apple definitely needs to fix in the 10.8.1 update.
- Technology Focus: Curiosity On Mars Another Legacy Of JFK
August 12 2012 10:04 AM
Last week’s successful landing of the Mars Science Laboratory, better-known as Curiosity, represented a triumph in aeronautical and electrical engineering. Now the nine-foot, six-wheeled rover will use its instruments to make “Mars-shaking” discoveries in geology, meteorology and chemistry.