The copyright infringement squabble over superhero flick Watchmen between Warner Bros and Twentieth Century Fox came to an end on Friday.
Fox sued Warner Brothers last year, claiming it owned the movie rights to the comic-book movie about dark and damaged superheroes after Warner Brothers and its partners had already shot for about $130 million.
The movie will hit theaters nationwide on March 6 as previously scheduled.
Under the deal reached, Fox will get a cut in the gross receipts of the film or any sequels or spinoffs (up to 8.5 percent), an amount that could ultimately total in the tens of millions of dollars, according to a person briefed on the deal.
Fox will also get a piece of future sequels or spin-offs (which are unlikely), but it does not appear that the company will be sharing in revenues generated from DVD sales and licensed merchandise, according to Entertainment Weekly.
Both studios declined to offer any further details of the deal in a joint statement late on Thursday.
Warner Bros and Twentieth Century Fox have resolved their dispute regarding the rights to the upcoming motion picture 'Watchmen' in a confidential settlement, the studios said in a joint statement.
Warner Bros acknowledges that Fox acted in good faith in bringing its claims, which were asserted prior to the start of principal photography, they said.
Watch the trailer below: