Mara Teigen, the model who appeared in Kylie Jenner’s music video “Glosses,” is being touted as an Angelina Jolie look-alike after Pop Sugar pinpointed her as Jolie’s doppelganger. Though Teigen has not responded to the hype, netizens are curious to know more about the model. To find out more about the brunette beauty, read on:
1. She began her modeling career in 2013 and ultimately signed with the famous agency Wilhelmina International. In addition to Jenner’s “Glosses” video, Teigen modeled for campaigns likes Milani Cosmetics and walked the catwalk for designers like Michael Costello. She also appeared in the pages of Sports Illustrated.
2. She famously dated Buffalo Sabers player Evander Kane. He tried to win her back by buying her a billboard over the trendy club 1Oak in Los Angeles after they split. "I was very flattered. I thought it was really sweet," Teigen, now 21, said about the extravagant gesture. "I thought it was really cute." It even got them talking again. "We're working things out," she said. "He's a good guy."
3. She’s into sports. The former couple had their first date at Madison Square Garden when the New York Knicks played the Chicago Bulls. "Evander and I met in New York when he had a game there and I was living there at the time,” she told Sports Illustrated.
4. Teigen has a large Instagram following. Her fame has grown since Pop Sugar pegged her as a Jolie look-alike, and at this writing she has more than 569,000 followers. Her last Instagram post gained more than 7,000 likes after it was posted to her page for an hour. She smirked and added the caption, “Smiling is the best cure for most things.”
5. She’s been linked to other celebrities. Teigen is reportedly friends with former “America’s Next Top Model” contestant Jessica Serfaty and was romantically tied to One Direction’s Niall Horan and singer Joe Jonas.
Follow me on Twitter @mariamzzarella