So who is Priscilla Chan?
Chan, 27, met Zuckerberg while waiting in line for the bathroom at a party nine years ago, according to Business Insider. The two were students at Harvard at the time.
Chan was born in Braintree, Mass. She graduated as valedictorian of the Quincy High School Class of 2003, according to the Patriot Ledger.
She went on to study biology at Harvard. After graduating in 2007, she worked as a fourth- and fifth-grade science teacher in San Jose, Calif. In 2008, she entered medical school at the University of California, San Francisco.
Last Monday, the day Zuckerberg turned 28, Chan graduated from UCSF. The couple's wedding was meant to coincide with her graduation, not Facebook's initial public offering, which took place on Friday, a guest told the Associated Press.
Chan's Facebook profile reveals the following information about her:
- Loves cooking and soft things
- likes the food network, warm places, sun dried tomatoes and diet a&w
- speaks Cantonese and Spanish
- likes the quote Teach me, and I will forget. Show me, and I will remember. Involve me, and I will understand.
- has a Puli, a type of Hungarian sheepdog, named Beast