Sydney Davis, the wife of beleaguered host Billy Bush, has not released a statement since her husband was exposed for joking about sexual assault with Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump. The 10-year-old tape was released by the Washington Post Friday and prompted a quick apology from Bush. Davis is reportedly devastated by the leaked footage, where Trump talked about having any woman he wanted and grabbing them by the p----.
Bush has said he was embarrassed by his behavior with Trump. “Obviously I’m embarrassed and ashamed. It’s no excuse, but this happened eleven years ago – I was younger, less mature, and acted foolishly in playing along,” he said in a statement. “I’m very sorry.”
To find out more about Davis, continue reading below:
1. The couple has been married for 18 years. The said their nuptials April, 4, 1998. They have three daughters: Mary, Lillie and Josie.
2. The couple has an estimated worth of $9 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth. Part of that money comes from Bush, who has a $3 million salary from “Access Hollywood.”
3. Davis gave Bush an imaginary hall pass to date “Orange Crush” star Leslie Mann, according to The Heavy. Of course, most people know that Mann is married to director producer Judd Apatow.
4. Davis supposedly “flipped out” after the video leaked. “Sydney was so upset and devastated when she heard the tape,” an insider told Radar Online Tuesday. “Any woman would be bothered by her husband talking like that.”
5. Bush called Davis “specular” in a Mother’s Day post from last year. “Stronger than she knows, as beautiful as can be and very popular in our house,” the former NBC host wrote on Instagram. “She is not my mom but I see her in action every day. Happy Mother's Day to Sweet Syd.” The post garnered hundreds of likes from Bush’s 39,000 followers. Comments for the post have been disabled.
Follow me on Twitter @mariamzzarella