"The Wright Brothers" by David McCullough is the No. 1 nonfiction book on the latest New York Times' Best-Sellers list. It is the top book under the category of combined print and e-book nonfiction. The New York Times reports that McCullough's book has been on the list for seven weeks. "The Wright Brothers" was also the top book last week. Below is a list of the other books that made it to the latest New York Times' Best-Sellers list.
Top 5 Combined Print And E-Book NonFiction Best-Sellers
1. "The Wright Brothers" by David McCullough (Simon & Schuster): This book is about Orville and Wilbur Wright, two brothers who are inventors and bicycle mechanics. The Wright brothers are also credited with building the first successful airplane.
2. “Modern Romance" by Aziz Ansari with Eric Klinenberg (Penguin Press): Ansari, a comedian who recently starred in the NBC show "Parks and Recreation" as Tom Haverford, wanted to understand the modern dating scene. He enlisted the help of sociologist Eric Klinenberg to help shed light on romance in today's world.
3. "The Boys In The Boat" by Daniel James Brown (Penguin): Brown's book is about The University of Washington’s eight-oar crew. It chronicles their road to the 1936 Berlin Olympics.
4. "Dead Wake" by Erik Larson (Crown): This book is about the Lusitania's last voyage before it sank in 1915 when it was hit by a German torpedo.
5. "Bill O'Reilly's Legends And Lies" by David Fisher (Holt): Fisher's book is about the greatest heroes and outlaws of America's Wild West, including Billy the Kid, Jesse James and the real Lone Ranger. It is the companion book to the multipart docu-style series on Fox News Channel titled “Legends & Lies: Into the West.”
The other books on the New York Times Top 10 list of best-selling combined print and e-book nonfiction include "Sick in the Head" by Judd Apatow (No. 6), "The Mother Tongue" by Bill Bryson (No. 7), "It's A Long Story" by Willie Nelson with David Ritz (No. 8), "The Road To Character" by David Brooks (No. 9), and "I Am Malala" by Malala Yousafzai with Christina Lamb (No. 10).