Hactivist group Anonymous has painted a giant target on the back of Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke.
It’s renewing its call, first made on March 12, for the chairman to resign.
Anonymous is accusing Bernanke is of being a part of the “organized criminal class” that has committed “crimes against humanity.”
“The Federal Reserve’s policies are systematically looking the country to enrich one-tenth of one percent of the population. [The Fed] has deliberately driven tens of millions of people into poverty,” said the group.
Below are more of the group’s accusations against Bernanke:
- Giving taxpayer dollars in secrecy to Wall Street, who caused the financial crisis in the first place
- Giving taxpayer dollars as bonuses to Wall Street executives
- Giving taxpayer dollars to foreign banks and corporations
- Giving taxpayer dollars to US tax evaders
- Manipulating the stock market
- Deliberately causing inflation in basic necessities like food and gas for US consumers
In an ironic statement, Anonymous said “we must restore the rule of law and fight back against the organized criminal class.”
The activities of Anonymous are considered criminal by most governments. Recently, Turkey arrested 32 suspected Anonymous participants and Spain arrested 3.
Anonymous called for its participants, starting on June 14th, to occupy public spaces until Bernanke steps down. The group called the movement ‘Operation Empire State Rebellion.’