Almost a month after Apple launched the iPhone 3.1 update, Apple today released the iPhone 3.1.2 update for iPhone and iPod Touch users.
iPhone OS 3.1.2 does not really add anything new, but it does fix important bugs which Apple recommends that iPhone and iPod Touch users should update.
According to the changelog from Apple, this is what 3.1.2 takes care of:
• Resolves sporadic issue that may cause iPhone to not wake from sleep
• Resolves intermittent issue that may interrupt cellular network services until restart
• Fixes bug that could cause occasional crash during video streaming
How to update to iPhone 3.1.2:
1. Connect your iPhone or iPod Touch to your PC.
2. Launch the iTunes application and click the Check for updates button.
3. iTunes will show you the above window saying: “iTunes will update your iPhone to iPhone 3.1.2 software and will verify the update with Apple“. Click on the Update button.