On the eve of his country’s crucial World Cup qualifier with England, Montenegro forward and Arsenal target Stevan Jovetic has said that he is pleased to be linked with moves to the Premier League.

The Fiorentina star is thought to feature high on Arsene Wenger’s list of transfer targets this summer, while Manchester City have also been linked to the 23-year-old. Understandably, the Viola have said that they have no intention of selling a player who has scored 12 goals in Serie A this season and contributed a further four assists.

But Jovetic has given the impression that he would be interested in a potential transfer.

  1. “It sure is nice when you are interesting big clubs like Arsenal and Manchester City,” he said, according to the Daily Star.

“It feels good because the English game currently has probably the strongest league in the world.

“I’m very comfortable in Italy but the Premier League is at the top of the football world—and perhaps the best.

“We will see what happens in the future.”

Arsenal are also thought to be trailing another front man in FC Copenhagen’s Andres Cornelius. The Sun are the latest outlet to claim the Gunners’ interest in the 20-year-old, stating that Arsenal scouts watched Denmark’s 3-0 win over the Czech Republic on Friday when Cornelius found the net.

Cornelius, who is said to be rated at £5 million, has revealed that he is flattered to be linked with Arsenal, however Copenhagen have said that they have no plans to sell the player.

"Selling players is not in our plans," sports director Carsten V. Jensen explained, according to Sky Sports.

"We are in a phase where both the side and individual players are making progress and the most important thing for us is to prepare the club for the challenges which hopefully will come."

Arsenal are one of a number of Premier League clubs to have been credited with an interest in Alvaro Negredo in recent months and the Sevilla striker has again stated that he would welcome a move to England.

Negredo, who has also been linked to Chelsea, Tottenham and Everton, was thought to be close to a transfer in January. The 27-year-old has confirmed that offers were made.

"I have always said it, I have never hidden it," he said, according to Sky Sports. "It is a league that I like.

"I do not know if it will be soon, or maybe further down the road, or tomorrow, but I will play there.

"The president [Jose Maria del Nido] received some offers, but he did not accept them. Nobody said anything directly to me, and it was not the right moment to leave.

"I do not know what will happen in the future. It depends on what the club wants and what it needs."

Reports of late have also suggested that Wenger is keen to bring in a goalkeeper this summer to provide an alternative to Wojciech Szczesny. The young Pole has recently been left out of the side following a dip in his performances this season.

According to the Daily Mirror, Stoke’s Asmir Begovic is a leading target. The 25-year-old has been a consistent performer in the Premier League and it is believed that he could be available this summer, with Stoke having signed young England keeper Jack Butland.

The Mirror reports that Begovic is valued at £15 million, but it is Chelsea that are favorites to land the Bosnian. The Blues have previously had bids rejected for the former Portsmouth stopper. The fact that Arsenal are likely to be able to offer greater assurances of a first-team place could well count in their favor, however.