Arsenal Transfer News: Valdes, Jovetic, Aubameyang And Patricio Involved In Latest Speculation

  @JasonLeMiere on March 29 2013 11:46 AM
Stevan Jovetic
Stevan Jovetic has scored 10 goals in his 28 appearances for Montenegro. Reuters

Fiorentina have denied that a deal has already been agreed to take forward Steven Jovetic to Arsenal this summer. Earlier this week FIFA agent Guido di Domenico claimed that it was his information that Jovetic had agreed on a move to the Emirates.

The Serie A side, though, assert that there have not even been any negotiations over the 23-year-old.

“No offer has been made for Stevan,” the club has said, according to Italian website Il Sussidiario. “And in any case we are absolutely not thinking or talking about his future.

“The Viola is focused on the present, which means winning a place in Europe -- preferably the Champions League -- and only in the summer will we begin to seriously think about the transfer market.”

There is a different take on things over at TalkSport, with the website reporting that Fiorentina have set a valuation of £30 million for Jovetic, with Juventus pursuing a cash-plus-player deal.

It appears a transfer saga that is likely to run into the summer. Jovetic’s future may well come down to whether Fiorentina secure a top three spot in Serie A and a Champions League berth for next season. Fiorentina currently lie fourth, three points behind third placed Milan.

A valuation may also have been set for fellow reported Arsenal forward target Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. The Gabon international has been a regular scorer in Ligue 1 this season and is reportedly interesting Premier League sides Chelsea and Newcastle, as well as the Gunners. The player’s agent recently claimed that there was interest from England, Italy and Germany.

And Aubameyang, 23, has suggested that a bid of €12 million (£10m) could be enough to secure his services.

"If people are talking about me then I am not aware of it,” he said, according to TalkSport. “But if someone offers €12 million to the club I do not know if I'll go or not.

"I am calm because I still have two years on my contract to go."

There also continues to be reports of Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger’s attempts to sign a more experienced goalkeeper in the close season.

Several names have been linked, with the Daily Mirror stating that Barcelona’s Victor Valdes still features prominently in Wenger’s thoughts. The 31-year-old has revealed that he will not be extending his contract beyond the summer of 2014.

Although both Valdes and Barcelona have said that his departure will not be hastened this summer, the Mirror claims that he will be sold at the end of the season. However, it is said that Arsenal could be blown out of the water by big spending Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala, which is willing to meet his £12 million valuation and offer Valdes a three-year contract worth £160,000 a week.

Certainly that is a salary that Arsenal’s strict wage structure would almost certainly not permit.

A new goalkeeping target has now been reported by the Daily Express. Citing stories in Spain, the paper reports that Arsenal have already made an opening £8.4 million offer for Sporting Lisbon stopper Rui Patricio. It is suggested, though, that Sporting are holding out for £12.6m for the Portugal international.

Join the Discussion