Few things are more American than turkey, family, football and rushing out into the night to wait in line for a brand new big screen TV. But unlike in years past, tube-heads planning to leave the dishes in the sink in order to run out to catch the Black Friday 2015 deals can pre-plan their route, or just stay on the couch.
Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart and other top retailers have already announced some of their discounts for Black Friday 2015. It shouldn’t be any surprise that, days before the turkey is in the oven, gigantic HD TVs are among the most heavily advertised holiday gift ideas. There’s a reason Walmart’s and shopping malls across the country turn into the arena for an annual battle royale, after all.
Maybe the best TV deal announced yet is for the 49-inch Toshiba 49L310U 1080p LED HDTV for $149 at Best Buy. That’s more than $300 off the normal retail value of $479, and it’s the latest example of Best Buy trying to bring customers in the door with massive discounts on popular models. The deal begins Black Friday.
But what’s 49-inches? Check out Amazon's deal on a 65-inch 4K Ultra HD 3D Smart LED TV. It’s $1,997.00 (either a serious wallet buster, the best gift ever, or both), a 50 percent discount from the normal price of $3,999.99.
For a more reasonable take, look for the 60-inch Samsung UN60JU6390FXZA 2160p 4K Ultra HD Smart LED HDTV for $799, also at Best Buy. It’s a 4K TV for less than $1,000, though the model isn’t currently available, a possible indication it’s a specially designed holiday special that won’t have all the perks or the normal 4K options.
Here’s the best of the rest:
- 32-inch TCL 720p Roku Smart TV for $125 (normally $149)
- 70-inch Vizio 1080p HDTV for $898.00
- LG 43-inch 1080p 60Hz TV at $284.99 (normally $499.99)
- Samsung 60-inch 1080p Smart TV for $697.99 (normally $1,699.99)
- 32-inch TV for $75 (available exclusively through Amazon app)
- 50-inch 1080p TV for $149 (only available via the Amazon app)
- 55-inch TCL Roku TV for $349 (normally $549)
- Toshiba 49-inch 1080p for $149 (normally $429.99)
- Vizio 55-inch 4K TV for $699 (normally $879.99)
- Samsung 60-inch 4K TV for $799 (normally $1,499.99)
- Vizio 65-inch 4K TV for $999.99 (normally $1,499.99)
- Samsung 50-inch SUHD 4K Smart TV for $799.99 (normally $1,699.99)
- Samsung 55-inch SUHD 4K Smart TV for $999.99 (normally $1,999.99)
- Samsung 60-inch SUHD 4K Smart TV for $1,299.99 (normally $2,599.99)