“Broad City” Season 2 is coming back to Comedy Central in January, but luckily, a slew of spoilers has been released to give fans the Abbi and Ilana fix they need. The show’s creators Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer dropped hints about Season 2 at a Paley Center event called “It Isn’t Always Pretty: An Evening with ‘Broad City,’” and Comedy Central released a new trailer for “Broad City” Season 2 (watch the uncensored trailer here) -- basically, Christmas came early for "Broad City" fans. In “Broad City” Season 2, Ilana is inappropriate as ever and Abbi still has a borderline unhealthy Bed, Bath & Beyond addiction, but plenty of other parts of their lives are about to change.
1. More Screen Time For Other Characters -- Expect to see more from people besides Abbi and Ilana. “The other characters I think, we all fell in love with the other characters this season,” Jacobson said, according to Entertainment Weekly. “And really went with story lines that made us laugh in the room and they’re all sort of based on pieces of different people of all the writers we have. People we know.”
“For the first season, we wanted to make sure that everybody knew at the end of the day, this show is a love story between Abbi and Ilana,” executive producer Amy Poehler said. Now that their relationship has been established, they can focus a little more on secondary characters.
2. Abbi’s New Love Interest -- Abbi might finally be getting over Jeremy (Stephen Schneider) in "Broad City" Season 2. It seems Seth Rogen will be guest starring as Abbi’s new love interest. He was first seen in the trailer, and Rogen said it was a good thing he was Abbi’s love interest. Hannibal Buress, Ilana’s friend-with-benefits Lincoln, would have been jealous. “[After Rogen told Buress that his storyline was romantic] he was like, ‘Are you with Abbi or Ilana?’” Rogen explained. “And I was like, ‘Abbi.’ And he goes -- there was, like, a moment -- and he goes, ‘Even though it’s not real, I would have been jealous if you said Ilana.'”
3. Ilana Might Need A New Job -- Ilana’s job might finally fire her. The new trailer shows the perpetual slacker in what looks like a job interview. “My biggest weakness is that I lose my purse a lot,” Ilana says. “But then my biggest strength is that I always get it back.”
4. Abbi Finally Gets Her Dream Job -- After spending plenty of time cleaning the gym, she’ll finally get a chance to prove she can teach classes. The job will go just as well as everything else in her life -- she’ll crash and burn. The new trailer shows her accidentally breaking a mirrored wall during a session.
5. Famous Guest Stars -- Rogen isn’t the only guest star. “Curb Your Enthusiasm” star Susie Essman and “Orange Is The New Black” actress Kimiko Glenn also appear in the "Broad City" Season 2 trailer. No word if Poehler will return to her role as an angry chef from Season 1.
6. Death -- “Broad City” is far from a tear jerker, but it looks like Ilana will have to deal with the loss of her grandmother. Though the trailer doesn’t make it look too upsetting for her. “This is the happiest day of my life!” Ilana shouts during her grandmother’s shiva.
7. Meet Ilana’s Family -- The trailer revealed Ilana’s mother will be on the show and it seems likely that viewers will meet other family members as well. Obviously, the people who raised Ilana aren’t going to be normal. Ilana’s mother (Essman) is just as inappropriate as she is. “Don’t forget to wear a condom,” is apparently how she says goodbye to everyone, according to the trailer.
“Broad City” Season 2 premieres on Comedy Central on Wednesday, Jan. 14. Will you be tuning in? Sound off in the comments section below!