“Captain America: Civil War” is coming to your living room soon. Marvel Studios has announced when fans can expect the film to be released on on DVD, Blu-ray and digital platforms.
The third “Captain America” film felt more like an “Avengers” movie with all the superheroes that were packed into it. The movie shows the government trying to control the actions of the Avengers with the Sokovia Accords. While Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) wants to sign the document, Cap (Chris Evans) can’t hand over control to a government agency after Hydra corrupted S.H.I.E.L.D. The battle that ensues is one that Marvel fans can’t forget, and they’ll soon be able to relive every detail with the home release.
Those watching digital versions can see “Captain America: Civil War” sooner. On Friday, Sept. 2, the movie will hit Digital HD, Digital 3D and Disney Movies Anywhere. Those looking for a physical copy will have to wait a little longer. Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD and On Demand versions will be available on Tuesday, Sept. 13.
Not all versions are created equal, though. The “Captain America: Civil War” DVD will not carry any special features. The digital versions as well as the Blu-rays will have some fun bonus footage. Not only will the home release show the making of the film, but it’ll also give a sneak peek of November’s “Doctor Strange.” See the list of special features below:
- United We Stand, Divided We Fall: The Making of “Captain America: Civil War” Part 1 & Part 2 — Learn about the heroes on each side of the war and how filmmakers chose their alliances. This segment also gives a look a how action sequences were filmed and discusses the introduction of Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman) and Spider-Man (Tom Holland).
- Captain America: The Road to Civil War — Look back at Steve Roger’s journey from wannabe soldier to superhero.
- Iron Man: The Road to Civil War — See Tony Stark’s journey from billionaire playboy to superhero.
- Gag Reel — See the cast burst into giggles while filming in these bloopers.
- Deleted/Extended Scenes — Marvel promises to show fans some never-before-seen footage.
- Audio Commentary — Directors Anthony Russo and Joe Russo and screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely will talk about the challenges of making the third “Captain America” film.
- Open Your Mind: Marvel’s “Doctor Strange” — Get a behind-the-scenes sneak peek of “Doctor Strange,” starring Benedict Cumberbatch, before it hit theaters in November.
Marvel Studios did not announce a Netflix release date. However, Netflix’s deal to exclusively stream Disney movies in the U.S. starts in September, Forbes reports. That deal includes Disney-owned studios like Lucasfilm and Marvel, so “Captain America: Civil War” will likely hit the popular streaming service eventually.