Casey Anthony is scheduled to exit a Florida jail on Sunday and resume the life on the outside interrupted three years ago when she was charged with the murder of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee.

Anthony was acquitted by a jury on July 5 of culpability in Caylee's death. Since then, her future has been the subject of much speculation, but with no publicly known facts beyond her jail departure date.

Her release has been planned with the same precision that marked her high-profile murder trial followed by audiences around the world.

In recognition of the massive media coverage expected of the release, which could occur any time after midnight Saturday, media representatives and jail managers negotiated a plan which, much like modern war coverage, will allow embedded pool reporters and photographers to document her departure from inside the jail facility.

But the plan is for images and eyewitness accounts of her release to be under wraps until corrections officials determine the 25-year-old has traveled far enough down the road to relinquish the jail's responsibility for her safety.

The jail then will issue a one-line confirmation Anthony is gone.

Her safety is no small matter. Her trial revealed gruesome details of Caylee's death and the disposal of the toddler's remains in trash bags in swampy woods. There was also plenty of evidence of Casey relishing her life, partying and shopping, after Caylee died.

Even her lawyer Jose Baez acknowledged Casey Anthony's outward lack of emotion over the death was bizarre.

Her acquittal was met with shock and derision by much of the public, egged on by outraged television commentary.

Charles Greene, Anthony's defense lawyer in a related civil defamation lawsuit, told a judge on Friday that he had received seven threats against Casey that day.


Orange County (Orlando) Sheriff Jerry Demings said in a news conference last week that his intelligence officers were evaluating threats as they became known.

Much speculation focuses on whether Anthony will try to live quietly out of the public eye, or seek out attention, and just what sort of person she is.

She stopped accepting jail visits from her parents long ago. An attempt by her mother Cindy Anthony to visit her both right before the trial began and just after the verdict were rejected.

Lawyer Greene told a judge that psychologists who examined Anthony at the jail this week found her mentally unstable after the ordeal of the trial, according to opposing lawyer Keith Mitnik.

Mitnik is suing Anthony on behalf of Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez, whose life the suit says was ruined after Anthony initially lied to detectives that a woman by that name had kidnapped Caylee.

Prosecutors called Casey Anthony a pathological liar.

Numerous people who spent time with her soon after Caylee's death, including her friends and a psychologist who examined her, were struck by her lack of reaction to the death.

Computer crimes detective Sandra Osborne read every email, instant message, MySpace and Facebook entry on the Anthony family's home computer in preparation for the murder trial.

I know Casey better than her parents do, she told Reuters recently, describing details not presented at trial.

Osborne said she learned the pattern of computer use at the Anthony house. Someone logged onto the family computer every morning and, again, every afternoon, spending hours at a time on Casey's social networking sites.

Instant messages, emails and comments left on those social network sites during Caylee's life created a picture of Casey as a disinterested mother who rarely mentioned her daughter and never in a positive light, Osborne said.

In one of only two instant message in which Caylee was mentioned, Osborne said, Casey asked a friend whether she should bring the little snot-head to a get-together. In the other instant message, she told a friend that spending a day with Caylee was harder than a 10-hour day at work.

Based on computer usage on the day Caylee died, Osborne said, there was no reaction (from Casey) that day. Osborne said the same sort of social networking continued as if nothing had happened.