The prosecutors in Casey Anthony trial rested their case on Wednesday after presented 70 witness testimonies in 19 days.

The jurors were in the courtroom for about five minutes on Wednesday morning, and then were dismissed with strict orders not to discuss the case, use social media or watch newscasts.

Casey's defense lawyers will call their first witness on Thursday.

On Wednesday, defense lawyer Cheney Mason asked Judge Belvin Perry to acquit Casey, because the prosecutors lacked solid evidence.

The state has stacked up inferences, but has presented no solid evidence, Mason said. However, acquittal was denied after a brief recess.

In the past three and a half weeks, prosecutors presented several witnesses whose testimonies suggested that Caylee Anthony was killed by her mother who put a duct tape over her mouth and nose after chloroforming her, though a medical examiner testified the cause of death was undetermined.

Only the manner of death has been ruled to be homicide.

Here's a recap of what happened from Day 1 to Day 6:

Day 1:

Casey's lawyers suggest sexual abuse as possible mitigating circumstances the jurors could consider in case she's convicted of murder. The lawyers accuse Casey's father George of sexually abusing her and her brother Lee Anthony of making sexual advances towards her.

George denies the allegation. Lawyer Jose Baez tells the jury that Casey's family has hid dark secrets. You will hear about ugly things, secret things, things that people don't speak about, Baez tells the jury.

Baez says Caylee died accidentally by drowning in family swimming pool. He says George knew about Caylee's accidental death and helped Casey keep it a secret. Prosecutor claims the toddler died by suffocation as Casey chloroformed her and taped duct tape over her nose and mouth.

Day 2:

Casey's ex-boyfriend Tony Lazaro testifies that on June 16 (the day Caylee was last seen alive), Casey and he had gone to a Blockbuster Video store. Lazaro says Casey was happy just as she was everyday.

Maria Kissh, a girlfriend of Casey's roommate, testifies that Casey once told her that George was dead. Other roommates testify that they never saw Casey mistreat Caylee.

Casey never appeared worried, depressed or angry, they testify.

Anthony family's neighbor Brian Burner testifies that Casey had asked him on June 18 if she could borrow a shovel to dig up a bamboo root.

She returned the shovel about an hour later, he says. Casey's father George testifies that he never sexually abused Casey and he wasn't present when Caylee died. Both Maria and Lazzaro testify that they could not smell any odor of decomposition of human body in Casey's car.

Day 3:

Ricardo Morales, Casey's another former boyfriend, testifies that Casey was happy and smiling on July 15 when she picked him and his friends from airport. July 15 is the day when Casey calls police to tell them Caylee is missing.

Lazzaro testifies that Casey also told him that Lee had tried to sexually attack her.

Day 4:

Lee Anthony's fiancee Mallory Parker testifies that Casey had an amazing bond with Caylee.

Day 5:

The jury sees the instant messages that were shared between Casey and Lazzaro. In the IM, Casey tells him sorry for not letting him know sooner that Caylee was kidnapped by her nanny.

I lied to everyone. What was I supposed to say? I trust my daughter with some psycho. How does that look? Casey tells Lazzaro. I am the dumbest person and the worst mother. I honestly hate myself.

When Lazzaro asks Casey who is the nanny, Casey says she is someone she met thru a friend 4 yrs ago, used to be my buddy Jeff's (Jeffrey Hopkins, a coworker at Universal Orlando Resort where Casey worked) nanny before she became mine.

Simon Birch, a tow company manager, testifies that Casey's car reeked of the very, very unique and distinctive smell of a decomposing body.

Casey's father George testifies that the odor made him worry about Casey and Caylee's safety. I did worry for my daughter and granddaughter, George testifies. I didn't want to believe what I was smelling.

Day 6:

Jury focuses on 911 and other calls made by Casey. In a 911 call, the jury hears Casey's mother Cindy scolding Casey and telling her: I'm not giving you another day. I've given you a month.

Cindy testifies being shocked when she received a notice from a car-towing service informing them that Casey's white Pontiac Sunfire was found abandoned and towed.

When they went to the impound lot to pick up the car, Cindy says she recalled it smelling bad like something had died in the car.

Cindy says she was surprised to see Caylee's favorite doll in the back seat of the car and was even more shocked to see her backpack in the trunk of the car.

Amy Huizenga, Casey's friend, testifies that Casey had told her she prevented Caylee from meeting her grandparents as there was trouble at home. She told me they were considering divorce...her dad had cheated on her mum, Huizenga testifies.

Huizenga also testifies that Casey was annoyed with her mother as she was unable to take responsibility of Caylee while Casey partied. It was hard. Her mom was continually agitated with her, Huizenga says. I remember she (Casey) told me her mom had told her she was an unfit mother. She was extremely upset about that.

Huizenga says Casey's frustration level rose during the spring of 2008 as she had to cancel her plans fairly frequently because there was no one to look after her daughter.

The jury hears a profanity-laced phone call that Casey had made on July 16 after she was placed under arrest by the police, who suspected her of being involved in the disappearance of Caylee.

Following her arrest, Casey called her friend Kristina Chester and lashed out: I got arrested on a f***ing whim today. Casey told Kristina that the police were blaming me for stuff that I would never do, that I didn't do.

Nobody in my family is on my side. …That's all they care about right now, finding Caylee, Casey said. In the same call to Casey told Cindy, I don’t f***ing know where she’s (Caylee) at.

And when Cindy hands over the phone to one of Casey's friends, Casey continued to pour out her frustration: Oh my God. Calling you guys – a waste. Huge waste….I’m not sitting her f***ing crying every two seconds 'cos I have to stay composed to talk to detectives, to make other 'phone calls.'

About Casey Anthony Trial

The prosecutors say Casey chloroformed Caylee and then put duct tape over her nose and mouth, suffocating the girl.

Casey's lawyers claim Caylee was not murdered. They say the toddler accidentally drowned in the family swimming pool and George, Casey's father, helped her keep the death a secret. George has denied the claim.

Caylee was last seen alive on June 16 and it was only on July 15 that she was reported missing to the police. Cindy had alerted the police by calling a 911 dispatcher and saying that she had smelled a dead body in the trunk of Casey's car that was spotted in an impound lot. The car was later towed by authorities for forensic analysis.

Initially, Casey told the police that a babysitter had abducted Caylee. Investigations showed Casey was lying as the babysitter Zanny was fictitious. Five months later, in December 2008, Caylee's decomposed skeletal remains were found in a wooded area near Casey's house by a meter reader who was relieving himself.

Casey has been charged with seven counts, including first degree murder, aggravated child abuse and misleading the police in the death of Caylee. If she is convicted of first degree, she could be sentenced to death by the seven-woman, five-man jury.

Must Read: Casey Anthony Trial Day 19: Prosecutors rest case, recap (Day 7-12)

Casey Anthony Trial Day 19: Prosecutors rest case, recap (Day 13-18)