“Casual” Season 2 premeires on Hulu Tuesday, and it’s safe to say that the family relationships are weirder than ever. Alex is dealing with his breakup, which was caused after his sister Valerie slept with his girlfriend. Meanwhile, Valerie’s daughter Laura can’t deal with going back to school after all the drama with her sex tape and finding out her photography teacher was actually lusting after her mother. Things are only going to get more complicated in Season 2. Check out what to expect in the second season of the Golden Globe-nominated comedy:
1. Laura’s School – Finding the teacher you’re crushing on in bed with your mother is difficult, and having your classmates see your sex tape is even worse. Unsurprisingly, Laura (Tara Lynne Barr) is switching schools. In the premiere, she explores her options in the public school system. Alex (Tommy Dewey) wants to homeschool her, but is the tech wiz able to handle that kind of responsibility? Will Valerie (Michaela Watkins) even let him try?
2. Alex Works – Alex is really embracing his responsibilities. He’ll even hang out around his office more. “Alex gets back into the work world a little bit. As you might imagine he doesn’t fit too well in a office environment,” Dewey told the Examiner. “So I think there’s fun to be had with new characters and new relationships; of course the core three remain the most interesting.”
3. Leon’s Past – The premiere finds Alex making Leon (Nyasha Hatendi) uncomfortable, as usual. Expect an awkward confrontation with Amara, the woman who broke his heart.
4. Complicated Friendships – It looks like the trio’s friendships will be just as weird as their family relationships, exactly the way creator Zander Lehmann wants them. “We’re treating friends the same way we’ve treated relationships: looking at the messiness of what it means to have a new person in your life, even if it’s not a sexual relationship,” Lehmann told the Los Angeles Times. “We wanted to explore what it’s like finding friendships as an adult — it’s so, so hard. And they’re each settling into new phases.”
5. Guest Stars – “Mad Men” actor Vincent Kartheiser will play the head of a venture capital firm who works with Alex in “Casual” Season 2. Things will get complicated when Alex realizes his new business partner is engaged to one of his ex-girlfriends. Britt Robertson, Kate Aselton and Britt Lower also have guest starring roles.
6. Watch It For Free – Indiewire is hosting the Season 2 premiere at no cost. If you want to check out the premiere before committing to a Hulu Plus subscription, click HERE.
“Casual” Season 2 premieres on Hulu on Tuesday.