While the playing and coaching staff at Chelsea continue to prepare in earnest for their Champions League final against Bayern Munich on Saturday, much work is likely already going on behind the scenes to improve the squad for next season.

It has been widely reported that Chelsea is intent on securing Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao this summer. The Blues were keen on the prolific Colombian this time last year, but Falcao ended up sealing a massive €40 million transfer to the Spanish capital instead.

But after another prolific season, during which he hit 24 La Liga goals and nine more as he won the Europa League for the second-consecutive season, Chelsea are likely to renew their interest.

The Daily Mail has reported that Chelsea are willing to offer Fernando Torres plus £15 million for the player priced at £50 million by Atletico.

However, that claim has been strongly denied by interim-boss Roberto Di Matteo.

This is only speculation, he said, according to ESPN Soccernet. I have a great relationship with Fernando, and I believe he will be here next season.

However, with Diego Simeone's side missing out on Champions League qualification, Falcao could be tempted by a big offer this summer.

As they look to bolster their forward line for next season, it would appear that Chelsea is also keen on Falcao's former Porto teammate, Hulk. In fact Setanta has reported on Tuesday that there may well be a deal already in place to take the Brazilian to Stamford Bridge.

The Portuguese club's recent comments on the matter would seem to contradict this claim, with president Pinto da Costa stating that the club will not budge on the £80million buyout clause in Hulk's contract.

I say today what I said a year ago, I will do everything to keep Hulk at Porto, he said, according to Sky Sports.

I'm not interested in selling him.

Hulk has a price and we are not going to negotiate and accept an inferior price to that of his clause, our desire is for him to be in our squad next season.

There is also further news on another Brazilian who has long been on the wish list at Stamford Bridge, Lucas Moura.

According to the Daily Mail, Inter has stolen a march on the Blues in the race to sign the highly-rated Sao Paulo offensive midfielder.

Chelsea have been chasing the Brazilian international for some time and were confident of reaching a deal with Sao Paulo, from where they signed fellow-youngster Lucas Piazon last year. But Inter appear confident of snatching the pacey 19-year-old.

He is a world class player, said Inter coach Andrea Stramaccioni. For me he is one of the most interesting talents on the transfer market today and would be great for us.

Chelsea may also be looking closer to home to enhance their attack, with Goal.com reporting that the Blues could get their hands on Newcastle's Demba Ba this summer. The story claims that the Senegalese striker has become frustrated at being deployed wide on the left since the arrival of Papss Cisse in January.

And, after scoring 16 goals in the Premier League this season, he is sure to be highly sought after should this report prove true.

Chelsea may also get the green light in their efforts to sign another frontman. Tribal Football claims that Fiorentina are prepared to part with their star man, Stevan Jovetic this summer, with Chelsea and Manchester United said to be interested.

The Viola are reportedly willing to listen to offers of around £20 million for the versatile Montenegrin.

Finally, Uruguayan left-back Alvaro Pereira has invited Chelsea to come back in for him, after he was denied a move to the Blues last summer.

I just played the last game of the season. I do not if it was my last for Porto, said Pereira, according to Tribal Football. I have a four-year contract, but when the transfer market opens, anything can happen.

Last year I had the chance to go to Chelsea but the leaders FC Porto decided they would make me stay and I respected the decision. But I haven't always played this season.