- Australia Oil Find Could Ignite Drilling Boom Off Country's Northwest Coast
August 18 2014 11:26 AM
Reports of an Australian oil find of up to 300 million barrels in the Canning Basin could be Australia's largest discovery in decades and help offset iron ore collapse.
- WTO To China: Stop Limiting Exports Of Rare Earth Elements
August 15 2014 3:11 PM
China can’t use environmentalism as a defense for quashing rare earth elements exports if it’s not curbing extraction, the WTO says.
- GlaxoSmithKline Launches Probe Into Syria Operations
August 12 2014 5:49 AM
GSK, which faces a series of corruption charges in countries across the globe, also suspended its distributors in Syria.
- Ohio Continues To Deal With Toxic Water
August 04 2014 1:51 AM
Preventing another algae attack in Lake Erie will be the next priority for officials, once the water is declared safe to drink.
- Australia Approves $15.5B Carmichael Coal Project
July 28 2014 1:18 AM
The Carmichael mine has sparked protests from green groups and marine tour operators worried about carbon pollution.
- Russian Steelmaker Severstal To Sell US Facilities
July 21 2014 10:28 AM
The sale comes as a new wave of sanctions raise concerns about Russian-American business financing.
- Washington Wildfires Largest In State History
July 19 2014 8:44 PM
Four fires ignited Monday have spread across more than 300 square miles.
- Swiss Firm Launches Online Store Targeting India's $8B Metals Market
July 16 2014 3:24 AM
The store will sell consignments of one to 24 tons of aluminum, copper, lead, nickel, tin and zinc at index-linked prices.
- Architects Look To Slums As Models For Sustainable Living
July 14 2014 2:30 PM
The word "sustainable" isn't often associated with slums. But planners say densely populated poor neighborhoods could be used as models for green living.
- Lafarge, Holcim List Assets Available To Divest To Seal Their Merger
July 07 2014 9:06 AM
Holcim and Lafarge need to lose assets worth nearly $6.8 billion to get the nod for their $50 billion deal.
- A State-By-State Map Of US Marijuana Laws
June 20 2014 11:29 AM
Marijuana is about to become legal in New York state.
- Cement Giants Holcim Ltd. And Lafarge SA Facing Hurdles To Merger
June 05 2014 9:12 AM
The European Union has promised to probe the merger extensively for antitrust violations.
- Despite Optimism, South Africa Mining Strike Will Have Long-Term Effects
June 04 2014 2:57 PM
Though rumors of a resolution have been flying, it could take months to recover from a five-month mining strike in South Africa.
- Yet Another Coal Mine Accident In China Claims 22 Lives
June 04 2014 4:10 AM
More than 100 people have been killed in mining accidents in China since the beginning of 2014.
- 'We Had No Escape Plan'; Miners Say Turkish Officials Were Warned
May 19 2014 7:09 PM
Miners in Soma say they saw trouble brewing, but owners and officials ignored safety concerns.
- USAID Launching Fight Against Coffee Fungus
May 19 2014 9:04 AM
It's threatening coffee production in Latin America, which could displace workers into the illegal drug trade.
- N. Korea Issues Rare Apology For Building Accident
May 17 2014 9:54 PM
Death toll unknown, but an acknowledgement of bad news is unusual from Pyongyang.
- Turks Mourn And March As Toll Rises In Mine
May 15 2014 10:18 AM
Unions call a one-day protest strike and demonstrations against the government spread across the country.
- Turks Again Vent Anger At Erdoğan After Mine Disaster
May 14 2014 6:26 PM
Protests over Turkey's mining disaster revived long-running civil unrest in cities across the country.
- What’s At Stake For American Companies In Russia?
May 06 2014 8:20 PM
As a key high-level economic forum in Russia draws closer, American companies are weighing their stakes in the country. Here's a list of what they're dealing with.