- China's Steel Sector - Talk About An Overcapacity
February 26 2014 11:43 AM
In a case of 'where you stand depends on where you sit' - China's steel bubble seems to trouble everyone but the Chinese.
- Repsol Settles Disputes With Argentina For $5 Billion
February 26 2014 3:28 AM
The resolution of the dispute could lead to the development of some of the world’s largest shale fields.
- Hedge Fund Guru's Advice For Dow Chemical
January 21 2014 9:43 AM
Wall Street is rejecting the rationale for vertical integration in light of Dow Chemical's falling feedstock costs.
- US Energy Sector - On The Verge Of Another Miracle?
January 15 2014 11:03 AM
The projected growth of the U.S. energy sector has to be seen to be believed, so see it here.
- Apple Begins Hiring iPhone And iPod Engineers At Mesa, Ariz., Sapphire Manufacturing Facility
January 14 2014 4:16 PM
According to jobs listings publicly available on the Apple website, the Cupertino, Calif.-based technology company has started hiring iPod and iPhone engineers at its Mesa, Ariz., sapphire manufacturing facility.
- Here’s Why Zambia Wants Africa-Wide Mining Standards
January 14 2014 11:33 AM
Zambia has announced a plan to standardize mining practices between African countries to keep foreign companies from overstepping labor standards.
- America's Journey From Reefer Madness To Reefer Business
December 31 2013 10:42 AM
Marijuana for recreational use goes on sale in Colorado tomorrow. How we got here is unspooled in this infographic.
- What Canada's Highest Court Said About Nation's Brothel Ban
December 20 2013 11:55 AM
The Canadian Supreme Court on Friday struck down three laws that banned certain aspects of prostitution.
- What Aliko Dangote Is Planning
December 17 2013 11:16 AM
Nigerian Aliko Dangote plans to invest $16 billion across infrastructure projects in the energy, agricultural and construction sectors in Africa.
- California Court Awards $1.1B In Damages In 13-Year-Old Lead-Paint Poison Case
December 17 2013 1:25 AM
The compensation, if and when disbursed, will be used to reduce the use of lead-based paint in tens of thousands of homes.
- Zambia Versus Foreign Miners, Again
December 09 2013 4:14 PM
Leaders of Africa's biggest copper producer are ordering China’s Nonferrous Mining Corporation to halt production over environmental and worker concerns.
- ArcelorMittal, Nippon Steel To Buy ThyssenKrupp’s US Plant
November 30 2013 11:45 AM
The $1.55 billion deal follows an 18-month bidding process involving the world’s top steelmakers.
- 5.6-Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Iran Near Nuclear Power Plant
November 28 2013 2:16 PM
A 5.6-magnitude earthquake shook southern Iran, near a nuclear power plant in the Bushehr region on Thursday evening.
- Pebble Mine Developer Makes Pitch For Partner, But Also Says He Can Do It Alone
November 27 2013 7:17 AM
Northern Dynasty CEO Ron Thiessen spoke with IBTimes about the Alaskan copper mine proposal.
- South Africa Could See Expansion Of Coal Plants
November 19 2013 8:24 AM
Escalating prices and an abundance of reserves could spur the implementation of coal expansion projects.
- Why Commodity Prices May Fall
November 12 2013 12:45 PM
Oil prices have already started heading south. Will other commodities follow?
- Dow Chemical Q3 Earnings Up 20%
October 24 2013 7:48 AM
The nation's biggest chemical company made substantial progress in paying down its debt during the third quarter.
- Caterpillar Underperforms In Q3 And Sees Challenging 2014
October 23 2013 10:19 AM
Profits for the quarter fell 44 percent from the year before.
- China Bullied Into Environmental Cleanup
October 22 2013 3:02 PM
China, fearful of its trouble with the WTO, is cleaning up its act in rare earth extraction.
- General Electric Q3 Earnings Preview: Better News Next Time
October 17 2013 5:49 AM
The industrial conglomerate’s pace may be slowing, compared to more-specialized competitors.