- Lafarge, Holcim Say 'Yes We Can' Pass Regulatory Muster To Merge
April 11 2014 12:01 PM
Officials of the proposed French-Swiss company plan to unload billions in assets to get the regulatory blessing they need to merge.
- Alcoa Earnings: Top 4 Things To Watch
April 08 2014 6:34 PM
Alcoa Inc. kicked off earnings season by posting quarterly results of 9 cents a share on sales of $5.5 billion, beating Street expectations.
- Why The DoJ Is Chasing An Ukrainian Oligarch With Interests In An Indian Titanium Mine
April 03 2014 2:50 AM
Dmytro Firtash, one of Ukraine's richest men, was closely associated with Viktor Yanukovych and aided the flow of gas between Russia and Ukraine.
- Monsanto Outpaces Q2 Expectations
April 02 2014 3:24 PM
Monsanto's second-quarter growth outpaced Wall Street's expectations as the company's seed business continued to boost revenues.
- Welcome To The Most Dangerous Coal Mine In The World
April 01 2014 5:25 AM
On the outskirts of Mongolia's capital, illegal miners risk their lives to feed a growing coal hunger. Their accident rates make China's pale.
- China Rare Earth Exports Challenged By WTO
March 27 2014 1:53 PM
The WTO ruled that Chinese exports of environmentally damaging rare earth elements shouldn’t be artificially manipulated by the government.
- A New Frontier For General Electric
March 18 2014 11:48 AM
We spoke with Christine Furstoss, the company’s technology director for manufacturing and materials.
- China's Steel Sector - Talk About An Overcapacity
February 26 2014 11:43 AM
In a case of 'where you stand depends on where you sit' - China's steel bubble seems to trouble everyone but the Chinese.
- Repsol Settles Disputes With Argentina For $5 Billion
February 26 2014 3:28 AM
The resolution of the dispute could lead to the development of some of the world’s largest shale fields.
- Hedge Fund Guru's Advice For Dow Chemical
January 21 2014 9:43 AM
Wall Street is rejecting the rationale for vertical integration in light of Dow Chemical's falling feedstock costs.
- US Energy Sector - On The Verge Of Another Miracle?
January 15 2014 11:03 AM
The projected growth of the U.S. energy sector has to be seen to be believed, so see it here.
- Apple Begins Hiring iPhone And iPod Engineers At Mesa, Ariz., Sapphire Manufacturing Facility
January 14 2014 4:16 PM
According to jobs listings publicly available on the Apple website, the Cupertino, Calif.-based technology company has started hiring iPod and iPhone engineers at its Mesa, Ariz., sapphire manufacturing facility.
- Here’s Why Zambia Wants Africa-Wide Mining Standards
January 14 2014 11:33 AM
Zambia has announced a plan to standardize mining practices between African countries to keep foreign companies from overstepping labor standards.
- America's Journey From Reefer Madness To Reefer Business
December 31 2013 10:42 AM
Marijuana for recreational use goes on sale in Colorado tomorrow. How we got here is unspooled in this infographic.
- What Canada's Highest Court Said About Nation's Brothel Ban
December 20 2013 11:55 AM
The Canadian Supreme Court on Friday struck down three laws that banned certain aspects of prostitution.
- What Aliko Dangote Is Planning
December 17 2013 11:16 AM
Nigerian Aliko Dangote plans to invest $16 billion across infrastructure projects in the energy, agricultural and construction sectors in Africa.
- California Court Awards $1.1B In Damages In 13-Year-Old Lead-Paint Poison Case
December 17 2013 1:25 AM
The compensation, if and when disbursed, will be used to reduce the use of lead-based paint in tens of thousands of homes.
- Zambia Versus Foreign Miners, Again
December 09 2013 4:14 PM
Leaders of Africa's biggest copper producer are ordering China’s Nonferrous Mining Corporation to halt production over environmental and worker concerns.
- ArcelorMittal, Nippon Steel To Buy ThyssenKrupp’s US Plant
November 30 2013 11:45 AM
The $1.55 billion deal follows an 18-month bidding process involving the world’s top steelmakers.
- 5.6-Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Iran Near Nuclear Power Plant
November 28 2013 2:16 PM
A 5.6-magnitude earthquake shook southern Iran, near a nuclear power plant in the Bushehr region on Thursday evening.