- China’s Energy And Electricity Boom Is Steady And Heavy
December 10 2013 8:22 AM
China’s total power load will rival that of Europe and the U.S. combined by 2035, even with a Chinese economic slowdown.
- World Leaders Come Together To Pay Tribute To Madiba
December 10 2013 7:36 AM
“Madiba would emerge as the last great liberator of the 21st century,” President Obama said in his homage.
- Clues To Beijing Thinking
December 10 2013 6:19 AM
China’s leaders will meet this week and set economic growth targets and policy priorities for 2014.
- A Positive View On Haze: Chinese Paper Says Smog Is A National Defense Tool
December 10 2013 6:18 AM
"The fog of war" is a popular expression for uncertainties on the battlefield. China may just have discovered the "smog of war," too.
- Chinese Hackers Broke Into EU Ministries Before G-20: Report
December 10 2013 5:29 AM
A California-based cybersecurity firm said hackers released malicious code on to computers before September’s G-20 summit in Russia.
- Qualcomm Takes On Apple With New 64-Bit Chipset
December 10 2013 3:48 AM
Smartphones running the new Snapdragon 410 processors will be available for about $150 or less.
- China’s Retail Sales Beat Estimate
December 10 2013 1:32 AM
But the country's industrial production and urban investments missed forecasts.
- NSA Spying on WoW, iPhone 5S To China [VIDEO]
December 09 2013 5:10 PM
The NSA and FBI, among other agencies, have employed a number of agents to play MMORPGs and uncover suspected terrorist plots.
- Chinese Rocket Fails To Launch Brazilian Satellite Into Orbit
December 09 2013 4:42 PM
A Chinese rocket carrying a Brazilian satellite failed to reach its planned orbit and most likely came crashing back to Earth.
- Zambia Versus Foreign Miners, Again
December 09 2013 4:14 PM
Leaders of Africa's biggest copper producer are ordering China’s Nonferrous Mining Corporation to halt production over environmental and worker concerns.
- China, Japan & South Korea: Who Is Claiming What?
December 09 2013 3:14 PM
A map of the air defense zone changes happening in the East China Sea.
- China's Financial Reforms: Two Steps Forward, One Step Back
December 09 2013 1:12 PM
China has taken another step in liberalizing its financial sector by loosening its grip on interest rates.
- What's Holding Back South Africa's Economy?
December 09 2013 1:09 PM
In 2014, the South African economy is projected to be one of the slowest in sub-Saharan Africa -- an otherwise fast-growing region.
- China Bans Shark Fins From State Events
December 09 2013 11:13 AM
The move, in addition to lowering public spending, could save many sharks, a third of whose species are endangered.
- Why It's Apple's Big Week
December 09 2013 10:58 AM
The iPhone 5s and 5c figure prominently in the week's activities.
- A Platinum Pinch In 2014?
December 09 2013 10:51 AM
High costs at South African platinum mine companies mean that supplies will be limited in the near future.
- Mao Meets Fidelity Investments, Sort Of: China To Offer 401(k)-Style Retirement Fund
December 09 2013 10:17 AM
The world's second-largest economy is taking its first step toward a modern pension system.
- Winter-Ready Cockroach Found In New York For First Time
December 09 2013 7:17 AM
The new species was spotted on Manhattan's High Line for the first time and look different from the typical New York roach.
- Arctic Ice Melt Linked With Extreme Weather In US, Europe: Study
December 09 2013 2:28 AM
The findings further intensify a debate on the causes and role of global warming, and its impact on changing weather patterns across the globe.
- Freshwater Reserves Below Oceans ‘100 Times Greater’ Than Extractions Since 1900
December 08 2013 3:15 PM
Scientists have found vast aquifers of freshwater underneath the ocean floor, but getting to them will be a challenge.