- HK Activists Say Beijing 'Brutally Strangled' Democracy
September 03 2014 12:38 AM
Pro-democracy activists had threatened to lock down the city's financial district on an unspecified date unless China grants full democracy.
- Hong Kong's 'Occupy Central' Is About Politics, Not Economics
September 02 2014 9:03 PM
In the wake of political pressure from Beijing, Hong Kong's top pro-democracy party has no plans to disrupt the economy.
- Manufacturing, Construction Data Point To Sturdy US Growth
September 02 2014 7:40 PM
Tuesday's upbeat data added to reports on employment and housing that have suggested growth remains sturdy, despite a slowdown in consumer spending in recent months.
- Amid Occupy Central Protests in Hong Kong, Other Finance Hubs Appeal To Investors
September 02 2014 5:22 PM
As the Occupy Central movement takes hold in Hong Kong, experts ponder alternative finance hubs.
- Apple's iCloud Data Security Scare Goes International
September 02 2014 5:02 PM
Is China's new Apple iCloud data center vulnerable to a government hack or censorship? Some users think it is.
- Tesla Stock Hits All-Time High
September 02 2014 2:57 PM
Stock in the Tesla Model S Maker gained $46 in value last month.
- How A Leak Killed A Chinese Superstar's Career
September 02 2014 1:57 PM
The recent massive leak of nude celebrity photos in the U.S. may sound familiar to Edison Chen, a Hong Kong singer who went from superstar to obscure after a 2008 leak.
- Asian Camel Crickets ‘Driving Out’ Native Species In US
September 02 2014 11:44 AM
An invasive species of cricket, the Asian camel cricket, is displacing native crickets in the eastern United States.
- Philippines Arrests 3 Plotting To Bomb Manila Airport, Chinese Embassy
September 02 2014 6:46 AM
The men are to be charged with possession of explosive materials, a non-bailable offense.
- McDonald's To Boost China Supplier Audits
September 02 2014 5:46 AM
McDonald's will push for more video monitoring at its Chinese suppliers and send more quality control specialists to meat production facilities.
- China Losing Its Sheen For Foreign Companies, Report Says
September 02 2014 5:09 AM
Nearly half of all respondents in a survey of U.S. businesses said foreign firms were being singled out in a government crackdown.
- India's FreeCharge Gets $33M In Second-Round Funding
September 02 2014 3:57 AM
Sequoia Capital, one of Silicon Valley's best-known venture capital firms, is one of the investors in the online mobile-recharge provider.
- 19 Pro-Democracy Protesters Arrested In Hong Kong
September 02 2014 1:18 AM
The Occupy Central group is protesting China's latest decision to screen candidates for the next major elections in the city in 2017.
- Alibaba IPO Investor Roadshow Curtain May Rise Next Week
September 01 2014 1:21 PM
Alibaba's roadshow may get under way Sept. 8, as the company gets ready for what might be the biggest IPO in U.S. history.
- Massive Pipeline May Ease Sting Of Sanctions On Russia
September 01 2014 11:48 AM
Russia and China launched construction of an almost-2,500-mile natural-gas pipeline between themselves Monday.
- Pro-Democracy Demonstrations Erupt In Hong Kong
September 01 2014 10:23 AM
Pepper spray was used to break up pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong over China's decision to vet candidates.
- India, Japan Strengthen Ties To Limit China's Influence
September 01 2014 8:21 AM
Japan and India, two of Asia's economic powerhouses, are working to check the influence of the region's largest economy - China.
- Labor Day Facts And History: Why You're Off On Monday
September 01 2014 7:38 AM
Fun facts and trivia to share with family and friends on Labor Day 2014.
- Hong Kong Police Attack Pro-Democracy Activists With Pepper Spray
September 01 2014 5:43 AM
Occupy Central plans to intensify pro-democracy protests and shut down Hong Kong's financial district.
- China Gives Microsoft Deadline For Anti-Trust Probe Explanation
September 01 2014 2:53 AM
The SAIC questioned Microsoft Vice President David Chen and gave the company a deadline to make an explanation.