- EU Leaders Are Getting Fed Up With Tax Evasion
May 22 2013 8:38 AM
Two important summits are coming up this year where Europe-based tax evasion and fraud will surely take center stage.
- Gold’s Pivotal Role – The Yuan Sees Freer Convertibility this Year! (Part 1)
May 22 2013 8:29 AM
China has signaled it is going to propose plans this year to allow freer flows of the Yuan both in and out of the nation as part of measures to loosen control over the Yuan and interest rates. It was expected that full and free convertibility after 2022, but it’s clear that the program is moving at an accelerated pace. How far this next phase of convertibility will go has to be seen at the end of this year.
- Hershey's, America's Synonym For Chocolate, Tries To Conquer China
May 22 2013 5:48 AM
The maker of famous sweets like Kisses and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups is launching a new product for the Chinese market.
- North Korea’s Kim Jong Un Sends Envoy To China
May 22 2013 3:33 AM
North Korean leader sent a special envoy to Beijing on Wednesday, a day after a Chinese fishing crew was freed after government intervention.
- Chinese Luxury Brand Backed By Hermès To Open A Store In Paris
May 21 2013 3:59 PM
Shang Xia, a brand inspired by traditional Chinese design elements, is opening its third location and first store overseas, in Paris.
- China's Wealth Management Sector Shrinks
May 21 2013 12:24 PM
As a result of recent regulation, Chinese banks are offering fewer new products, but all is not lost for China's wealth management products.
- To Foreigners Seeking Degrees In Australian Universities: Cough Up At Least $200,000
May 21 2013 12:04 PM
Tuition fees and living costs for international students in Australia have soared by 166 percent over the past decade.
- Beijing Envisions Bright Future For Electric Cars
May 21 2013 11:57 AM
Beijing is offering heavy subsidies to popularize electric cars, which may alleviate its pollution and congestion troubles.
- Chris Brown Serenades Karrueche Tran: Moves On From Rihanna With Former Flame
May 21 2013 9:44 AM
Chris Brown has gone back to his former flame, Karrueche Tran, and serenaded her at a Billboard Awards after-party Sunday night.
- Apple CEO In The Hot Seat
May 21 2013 9:36 AM
Apple CEO Tim Cook appeared before Senators McCain and Levin to address concerns that the tech giant uses offshore companies to skirt taxes.
- Media Paint Rosy Picture For Indo-China Relations, Indian Public Wary
May 21 2013 7:11 AM
Chinese Premier Li Keqiang’s visit to India prompts the media to see a benign future for Indo-China relations. The Indian public remains wary, an independent survey says.
- Chinese Tourists Told To Curb ‘Uncivilized Behavior’
May 21 2013 5:35 AM
A prominent Communist Party official has twice this week warned Chinese tourists to use "polite tourist behavior" while abroad.
- Communist Lux: Fancy Car Demand Down In China
May 21 2013 5:31 AM
Luxury car prices declined 3.4% in April, showing just how much demand for luxury goods by the country's civil servants affects prices.
- North Korea Frees Chinese Fishing Boat And Crew
May 21 2013 12:37 AM
North Korea has freed a private Chinese fishing vessel it had seized, a Chinese official in Pyongyang said Tuesday morning.
- Chinese Accused Of Inflating Trade Surplus Tenfold
May 20 2013 10:33 PM
China’s trade surplus is only a tenth of the $61 billion reported so far this year after accounting for fake transactions, Bank of America Corp. says.
- Renren, China's Facebook, Is Facing Hard Times
May 20 2013 5:40 PM
With yet another quarter of losses, Renren Network's market value has dropped almost 80 percent since its IPO.
- China And India - Their 8-Part Deal
May 20 2013 3:24 PM
China's Premier Li Keqiang turns his first official trip into an occasion to patch up relations with the other Asian giant.
- A New Food Scandal In China: Rice Tainted With Cadmium
May 20 2013 2:09 PM
About half the rice tested in China's third-largest city had high levels of a toxic metal that damages organs and causes cancer.
- Xinhua Weighs In On Bloomberg Snooping Scandal
May 20 2013 12:44 PM
The state news agency says China must protect its interests by reducing its dependence on Wall Street's favorite data service.
- Build World's Tallest Skyscraper In 7 Months?
May 20 2013 11:33 AM
It's been a while since the world's tallest building was an American feature. Currently it's in Dubai; soon it will be in Changsha, China.