Simone Biles may not be appearing on Season 23 of “Dancing With the Stars” after all. It was reported that the 19-year-old Olympic gymnast would be competing for the Mirror Ball trophy on the upcoming season of the ABC show, but Biles said in a recent interview that she’s not sure if her busy schedule will allow it.
“I would love to do ‘Dancing With the Stars,’ but so far we have a three month tour after this Olympics,” she told E! Online Friday. “I’m not sure if I’ll have time.” Even though Biles might not be able to fit the show into her schedule, the athlete did say that she would like to join the show in a future season. “I would really love to do it in the spring if that’s possible,” she said.
We’re sure Biles joining “Dancing With the Stars” in the spring would be OK with the show’s producers. According to Us Weekly, the gymnast is the show’s top Olympic pick. “They would love to cast some Olympians if possible,” a source said.
Other celebrities said to be joining the 2016 cast are “Bachelorette” star JoJo Fletcher and former Disney Channel actor Jake T. Austin. Emma Samms, from “General Hospital,” also teased that fans may see her dancing across the ballroom on Season 23. A few weeks ago, Samms tweeted that she had some “good news” to share but she couldn’t say anything yet. “Dancing With the Stars” host Tom Bergeron responded to the tweet, writing: “You’re such a tease!”
As far as which pro dancers will be back for another shot at the coveted trophy, the official “Dancing With the Stars” Twitter page has been sharing photos and videos of the pros practicing for the premiere. Us Weekly also reported that Allison Holker will be returning after taking last season off to have a baby.
“Dancing With the Stars” will announce the Season 23 cast on “Good Morning America” Tuesday, Aug. 30, and the season premiere kicks off Monday, Sept. 12 at 8 p.m. EDT on ABC.