Thursday was a sad day for wrestling fans around the world: Dusty Rhodes, also known as “The American Dream,” died at the age of 69. The legendary performer became famous for his charismatic personality. To remember the star, who was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2007, some of his best quotes have been shared below, courtesy of AZ Quotes and NLCATP.org:
1. “The man of the hour, the man with the power. I am the hit-maker, the record-breaker. I got style and grace, a pretty face. I’ll make your back crack, your liver quiver. If you ain’t into this match, you’re at the wrong address. Superstar, when the other wrestlers are smilin’ and jokin, The Dream be, WOO!, cookin’ and smokin’.”
2. “I have wined and dined with kings and queens and I’ve slept in alleys and dined on pork and beans.”
3. “I have supped mead with lords and ladies; so to have I slumbered in nameless lanes and gored upon mutton.”
4. “What am I thankful for? My polka dots!”
5. “If ya will!”
6. "You can beat mah prices, but you can’t beat mah meat."
7. “I like Stephanie… She reminds me of Sapphire a little.”
8. “I thought coming in we needed to take eight of the 14 matches. Unfortunately, I was right. They were able to get the extra bonus points in a few more matches.”
9. “I”m gonna rip off his head and dance down his tonsils.”
10. “Long Distance Information, give me Memphis, Tennessee. Tully Blanchard, you’d better phone your match in, Jack.”
11. “Ric Flair, the stratosphere is reserved for you and me.”
12. “The results can be stunning.”
13. “Those guys are going hard and eliminating mistakes. They aren’t making the mistakes in the first ten or last ten seconds of matches. Each time out we’re looking a little sharper.”
What’s your favorite quote by Rhodes? Share it in the comments section below!
Follow me on Twitter @mariamzzarella