UPDATE 11:40 p.m. EDT: A man died after falling 40 feet from the Upper Deck at Turner Field in Atlanta Saturday during the seventh inning of the Atlanta Braves-New York Yankees game, police said. The man, described as in his 60s, was pronounced dead at Grady Memorial Hospital, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

Police Lt. Charles Hampton said it did not appear foul play was involved. He said police were waiting for the medical examiner to determine cause of death.

The Braves confirmed the death.

The victim fell from the 400 level of the stadium, behind home plate, to the first level. Fans scattered as paramedics moved in, the Journal-Constitution said.

“When they called A-Rod [Alex Rodriguez] coming to bat, he got all excited, and his momentum took him over [the railing]," Marty Burns of Vernon, Alabama, said. Burns had been sitting nearby.

“We were sitting in Row 6 and I just told him to watch for A-Rod," said Greg Shiver of Tennessee, who was attending the game with his son . "And then we heard a big thud. I saw a guy falling from the top. I grabbed my son and ran for security. He was bleeding pretty badly. I don’t think he’s gonna make it. And I don’t have any clue how he fell.”

This is not the first time a fan has been hurt at Turner Field. The Journal-Constitution said Ronald Lee Homer Jr., 30, of Conyers, Georgia, died Aug. 12, 2013, after leaping 85 feet to his death in the parking structure. In 2008, Justin Hayes, 25, of Cumming, Georgia, fell four levels inside the stadium and died.

UPDATE 11:10 p.m. EDT: WXIA-TV, Atlanta, reported the fan who fell from the Upper Deck at Turner Field has died.

Original post:

A fan fell from the upper deck at Turner Field in Atlanta during the seventh inning of the Atlanta Braves-New York Yankees game Saturday. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution said emergency personnel carried the injured fan from the stadium.

WSB-TV, Atlanta, quoting police said the fan was in grave condition. No one else was injured. The Braves issued a statement saying the fan had been transported to a hospital.

The victim was described in his 50s or 60s. Witnesses said the person plummeted head first.