Father’s Day is just days away — time to attempt to find the perfect gift to prove to your dad just how much you appreciate him.
You could take the easy way out, purchasing a snazzy pair of socks, a mug emblazoned with an old photo of you and your pops, or yet another tie for his collection —or you could get your father a gift he’ll actually want. Beer has been bringing people together for centuries, so why not use it to bond you and your dad?
Below are eight beer-themed gift ideas for Father’s Day 2016:
1. A Beer Brewing Kit: What better way for you to spend time with your dad than laboring over your very own home-brewed beer? Kits from Brooklyn Brew Shop cost about $40 and come in a variety of beer types.
2. A Beer Holder: Help your pops BYOB in style with a wooden beer caddy, like this one from Amazon. It’s outfitted with an opener; and at just $39.99, how could you go wrong?
3. Serious Glassware: A real beer connoisseur needs glasses that convey his love of hops. Check out Target or Crate&Barrel and marvel at their collection of beer-related items. Take it a step further by getting your dad’s name or a sweet message on each one.
4. A Growler: Father’s day is all about cookouts and what amplifies an outdoor party better than a nice, cold beer? Pop over to a brewery near you to get a growler filled with one of their delicious hoppy blends. You could even buy your dad a personalized growler ($24.95 from Home Wet Bar) to refill as he sees fit.
5. Beer Snacks: As just about everyone knows, drinking brings on the munchies. If your dad is big on beer, he’ll love these beer pretzel caramels from Uncommon Goods ($12), this sorbet from Jenni’s ($12) or Ronnie-Sue’s beercrunch ($19.99). If your dad’s not a big snacker but loves his morning cup o’ joe, we recommend checking out Hopped Up coffee ($12).
6. Beer Soap: KegWorks’ beer-infused soaps ($5.99/each) make a great gift for the beer lover in your life.
7. Beer “Cake”: If buying a real gift seems a little ambitious, make a quick run to your local grocery store or beer supplier and grab a few cases of your dad’s favorite brew. Check out this tutorial and stack them into a “cake.” You’re sure to score serious presentation points!
8. Beer Gift Baskets: Gourmet Gift Baskets offers several options for beer-themed gift baskets filled with unique beers to drink and paired perfectly with bar snacks. Prices range from $39.99 to $119.99.