Today -- Friday, Sept. 6 -- is Fight Procrastination Day.
Most people view procrastination as a productivity-draining leech -- and because a leech is a blood-sucking carnivorous worm, it's not the most appealing metaphor in the world, at least as far as most people are concerned.
But some of the planet's best known writers, actors, musicians and academics have spoken in favor of procrastinating, and we've gathered 10 of the best quotes on the topic below.
So go ahead and give the list a quick read -- or put it off until tomorrow, as the famous people quoted below probably would.
1. “Procrastination isn't the problem, it's the solution. So procrastinate now, don't put it off.” ― Ellen DeGeneres
2. “I never put off till tomorrow what I can possibly do -- the day after.” ― Oscar Wilde
3. “If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done.” ― Rita Mae Brown
4. “I'm a big believer in putting things off, In fact, I even put off procrastinating.― Ella Varner”
5. “The scholar's greatest weakness: calling procrastination research.” ― Stephen King
6. “Nothing says work efficiency like panic mode.” ― Don Roff
7. “If you ask me, reincarnation is just another way to procrastinate.” ― Chuck Palahniuk in "Lullaby"
8. Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday. ― Don Marquis
9. Procrastination is like a credit card: it's a lot of fun until you get the bill. ― Christopher Parker
10. I think of myself as something of a connoisseur of procrastination, creative and dogged in my approach to not getting things done. ― Susan Orlean
Treye Green is a reporter for The International Business Times and a recent graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Green has shot, edited and...