July Fourth is more than just fireworks -- it's a chance for dozens of your favorite stores to show off their summer merchandise with sales galore. The National Retail Federation predicts about 48 million people will head to their favorite stores this weekend to buy supplies for Independence Day and take advantage of holiday discounts.
"The busiest half of the year for retailers is about to begin, and with economic conditions swaying in consumers' favor more so this year than last, many seem eager to take advantage of retailers' promotions," president and CEO Mathew Shay said in a news release. Here are 20 of the best deals for the long weekend, collected from dealsplus and Offers.com:
1. Take 60 percent off items already on clearance at American Eagle, both in stores and online.
2. At Best Buy, major appliances are up to 40 percent off. Use the promo code SAVE20SUMMER to get 20 percent off one regular-priced small appliance.
3. JCPenney is having a July Fourth Sale where you can get $10 off in store and online with the code FIREWRKS. Get an extra 15 percent off online with the code FAMLYFUN.
4. Customers can get 60 percent off on home and garden supplies, 50 percent off Hasbro outdoor toys and 40 percent off deals on home theater supplies in eBay's Fourth of July Frenzy.
5. Home Depot's appliance sale includes 30 percent-off refrigerators and 25 percent-off washers and dryers. You can also get $5 off orders $50 or more with the promo code RWBEVENTHD.
6. Outdoor furniture is up to 50 percent off while indoor furniture is at its lowest price all season at Macy's. You can also get half off Tommy Hilfiger towels and totes.
7. Get 50 percent off everything at J. Crew, both in stores and online. Then use the promo code HOTSALE to get 20 percent off those sale items.
8. Buy shoes and exercise clothes at 40 percent off at Adidas.
9. Pac Sun's buy one, get one free sale is divided by gender. Men's shorts, swim items, tees and tank tops and women's tops, shorts and swim items are all BOGO.
10. Victoria's Secret is offering free shipping on $50 orders plus $15 off $125 when you use the codes FREE50VS and 15OFF125.
11. Take 30 percent off all sale items in-store and online at Urban Outfitters. Shipping is free with orders over $50.
12. Get up to half off Michael Kors bags, shoes and accessories in store and online.
13. Check out Rebecca Minkoff's "stars, stripes and 60 percent off" sale, where -- you guessed it -- merchandise is up to 60 percent off. No promo code needed.
14. Discount your Bath and Body Works purchases by 20 percent with the promo code BBW20. It's also their semi-annual sale, which includes $10 candles and $3 hand soaps.
15. Target home items are up to 30 percent off, and you can get a $10 giftcard when you buy three household essentials. Use the codes HOMEOWNER and TGTYHC36.
16. Vitamins and supplements are buy one, get one 50 percent off at GNC in store and online.
17. H&M has 40 styles for $4 online as well as free shipping on orders over $50 with the promo code 3125.
18. Take up to 60 percent off summer shoes, including women's sandals, at DSW. Use the promo code EARNTRIPLE to get gift certificate points for your money spent.
19. Get select patterns up to 40 percent off and free shipping at Vera Bradley. If you spend more than $100, you get a free beach towel.
20. Protective phone cases are 10 percent off at Otterbox with free two-day shipping.
21. Get 15 percent off qualifying products at Guitar Center.
22. Nab some 30 percent-off shoes with free shipping at Timberland.
23. Swimwear at Bare Necessities is up to 50 percent, and you can take extra 20 percent off with the code SWIM20.