The planned “Friday the 13th” TV show has been canceled by The CW.

Network president Mark Pedowitz announced the news during the Television Critics Association's press tour, according to Entertainment Weekly. The exec said they decided to nix the project because they “didn't believe it had sustainability.” Pedowitz added that the pilot was good, but they did not see how they will be able to sustain it as a series.

Before the cancellation was announced there were still speculations that the project was only being shelved for a 2017 release. A source reportedly told Dread Central that just last month, the network was still toying with the idea of ordering a full series.

While fans of the 1980 slasher film will no longer be able to see its rebirth on the small screen, they can relive the suspense when its movie reboot hits theaters in 2017. The film, which has been in the cards for Paramount since 2015, recently tapped “The Last Witch Hunter” director Breck Eisner to helm it, according to Deadline.

There has been no confirmation regarding the “Friday the 13th” reboot's plot, but producer Brad Fuller teased during an interview with Esquire that the upcoming film will explore the reason why Jason always ends up alive.

“There's always been this supernatural aspect to these movies,” Fuller said. “It defies logic that you see Jason get killed in every movie, including ours, the 2009 one. And then he comes back and no one's ever really investigated what that is.”

Casting and filming details have not been revealed, but since the movie has already received a tax credit as part of California's expanded Film & Television Tax Credit Program this month, it is expected to start rolling soon. Those granted with the tax credit are expected to begin filming within 180 days in order to not lose their grant.

Friday the 13th Facts The “Friday the 13th” movies were inspired by the unlucky day that comes at least once a year. Photo: PARAMOUNT PICTURES