U.S. stock index futures rose on Friday as oil prices rebounded and on upbeat results from technology bellwethers Research In Motion and Oracle.
* Research In Motion Ltd
* Oracle Corp
* Nike Inc,
* Crude futures rose 1.7 percent to near $74 a barrel on prospects for increased winter demand as a cold snap gripped the U.S. Northeast.
* Friday marks the expiration of December options and futures, a convergence known as quadruple witching, and often means increased volatility as big investors adjust or exercise derivatives positions.
* S&P 500 futures rose 4.9 points and were above fair value, a formula that evaluates pricing by taking into account interest rates, dividends and time to expiration on the contract. Dow Jones industrial average futures gained 33 points, and Nasdaq 100 futures added 4.5 points.
* Amazon.com Inc
* Palm Inc
* Activist investor Carl Icahn reported taking an 11.3 percent stake in U.S. video game publisher Take Two Interactive Software Inc
* Irish low-cost carrier Ryanair Holdings Plc
* Japan Airlines Corp <9205.T> is likely to choose Delta Air Lines Inc
* U.S. stocks fell on Thursday as a rebounding dollar spurred safe-haven trade, cutting demand for riskier assets, and a soft forecast from bellwether FedEx Corp
(Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)