Markets / Finance
- People ages 18 to 36 prefer to use smartphones for personal finance management and transactions between friends and family, according to market research.
- Nowadays a bad credit score can make or break a relationship.
- Need a little extra financial help to get through the semester? Read, click and apply here.
- Check out these laptop deals from Apple, Microsoft and Best Buy.
- Arkansas, Georgia, Missouri and Ohio are among the states suspending sales tax in order to help lower the cost of back-to-school purchases.
- The deadline for U.S. college students to apply for their share of the approximately $150 billion in financial aid is imminent.
- In a 4-3 vote, the Supreme Court rejected a case brought by Abigail Fisher, a white woman who was not accepted into the University of Texas.
- The Libertarian Party nominee for president would scrap the Education Department to return more control to states and districts, he tells IBT in an exclusive interview.
- With the college entrance exam’s reputation being put to the test, the College Board must refocus its strategy to win back skeptics — its future and the $4.3 billion test prep industry are at stake.
- The average cost of tying the knot — $32,641 as of 2015 — is greater than the average student loan debt. Here’s how to avoid spending too much.
- Few businesses launched by female entrepreneurs pass $1 million in sales. But Starla Tyler, founder of Little Cosmetics, beat the odds.
- Dreaming of an international getaway? Here’s why now is the perfect time to book a cheap flight for your next vacation.
- Tax day dread is common, taxes owed or not, as 27 percent of Americans would rather get an IRS tattoo than ever have to file their taxes again, according to a survey.
- After you’ve filed your tax return, keep the momentum going with this checklist for managing your money.
- You don’t need a computer science degree to invest in the digital currency known as Bitcoin. It’s more mainstream than you might think.
- For young women, choosing a career path that is sustainable as well as satisfying is more important than ever.
- Just six months after its stock gift cards first hit several dozen store shelves, Stockpile's product is taking off.
- If you take tax advice from fellow freelance workers, you might be overusing these three deductions.
- Like drugs, inexpensive clothes get consumers hooked. But the woman behind the #30Wears campaign says higher-quality apparel may be better for your budget.
- Even if you don't expect cash back this year, experts say there are many good reasons to send in your return early.
- Research shows you’ll likely get a raise if you ask for one, but more than half of employees still don’t ask. Here’s how to make it happen.
- With interest rates on the rise and the possibility of another recession, paying off credit card debt is more important than ever.