FXX To Air The Simpsons In Longest TV Marathon In History

All 552 episodes of The Simpsons will run for a week and a half starting next month

  on

Fans of "The Simpsons" will be delighted to hear that next month the FXX network will be bringing blue hair, sarcasm and donuts back to our screens with an epic 10-day marathon of the much-loved series.

As of Aug. 21, the young network will be airing all 25 seasons of the show (including the movie) for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, making it the longest-running TV marathon in history. 

That’s not all: After buying 552 episodes for $750 million, it seems FXX is looking to get its money’s worth because once the final episode has aired on Sept. 1, the network will proceed to repeat episodes in themed marathons indefinitely -- a ‘Treehouse of Horror’ marathon will air on Oct. 26.

If that’s not enough, starting in October fans will also be able to watch all episodes on demand online via  simpsonsworld.com.

In addition to featuring an interactive episode guide, the site will also allow users to create their own playlists of episodes and share their favourite scenes and jokes from the show across social media with fellow Simpson devotees.

Full access to Simpsons World will, however, only be granted to those with a subscription to a cable provider that has a deal with FX.  That currently includes 60 percent of the country’s providers. Subscribers to AT&T, Cablevision, Comcast, Cox and Time-Warner will be able to indulge in all that Simpsons World has to offer while the other 40 percent are expected to hop on board within the next year or so.  

Join the Discussion