Lifetime premiered “Grumpy Cat’s Worst Christmas Ever” Saturday, and it was just as ridiculous as it sounds. Everyone’s favorite Internet meme isn’t exactly Emmy-winning material, but it’s definitely good for a few laughs. The movie follows Grumpy Cat (voiced by Aubrey Plaza) as she meets Chrystal (Megan Charpentier), a human who can hear her talk. Together the two have to fight all of the men trying to take down the mall’s pet shop. That includes having to stop Zack (Evan Todd), Donnie (Issac Haig) and George (Daniel Roebuck) from taking a very expensive dog. “Grumpy Cat’s Worst Christmas Ever” is absurd, but here are our favorite ridiculous moments:
1. Marcus Wants To Make Grumpy Cat An Internet Meme -- Pet shop owner Marcus (David Lewis) wants to put her picture online with a cute phrase and plans to launch it into clothing lines and merchandise and then “maybe a Lifetime movie,” he says as he looks into the camera. Of course, Grumpy Cat finds that fourth wall-breaking bit too ridiculous and revises the scene.
2. Aubrey Plaza’s Cameo -- Just in case you missed Plaza’s face, she pops up in the first 10 minutes when Grumpy introduces Chrystal. “Time to meet our awful movie’s heroine. There she is; look at her,” Plaza laughs as the camera cuts to her in a recording studio. “With second billing behind me, Aubrey Plaza, as Grumpy Cat.”
3. Live Tweeting -- Grumpy Cat interrupts to tell audiences to live-tweet about the movie. “Or don’t, I don’t care,” she says.
4. An Alternate Ending -- After Donnie and Zach steal a $1 million dog, Grumpy shows audiences that they could have just gone to the police and called it a day. “But that would mean a pretty short movie and a lot less advertising revenue,” she explains.
5. Grumpy Cat’s Death -- She considers not helping Chrystal and imagines being tossed out of the pet store. The police would hunt her down, and an animal shelter would strap her paws to a table and euthanize her. After that daydream, she has to help the human.
6. Paintball -- When Chrystal takes the dog thieves down with paintball guns, Grumpy Cat has her own mini-paintball gun to help.
7. British Grumpy Cat -- The British version of the cat pops up in a thought bubble to point out that no one makes paintball guns for cats.
8. Donnie Shoots Himself -- One of the dog thieves shoots himself in the foot with an arrow. Instead of screaming like a normal person, he lets out a high pitch sound more like an Axl Rose solo than a scream of pain.
9. Grumpy Cat Promotion -- Toward the climax, Grumpy takes the time to inform viewers of her website and online store.
10. Criticizes Viewers -- Grumpy Cat lets viewers know she isn’t sure why they are still watching the film. She knows just how ridiculous this whole thing is.
11. Grumpy Steals A Car -- In her daydream, she was behind the wheel, but that’s not too realistic since she can’t reach the pedals. In real life, she convinces 12-year-old Chrystal to steal a Camaro.
Did you watch “Grumpy Cat’s Worst Christmas Ever”? What did you think? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!