Amid the Kevin Clash scandal, in which two men have accused the former Sesame Street puppeteer of engaging in underaged sex with them, Hasbro said it has decided to continue selling the popular Elmo dolls.

A Hasbro spokeswoman told E! News that despite the Clash controversy, the company still has faith in the Elmo character.

"Sesame Street and its wonderful characters have been entertaining and educating children and families for more than 40 years," the spokeswoman said.

"We are confident that Elmo will remain an integral part of Sesame Street and that Sesame Street toys will continue to delight children for years to come."

Hasbro recently introduced a new Elmo product -- the LOL Elmo that sells for $39.99 and is the successor to Tyco's Tickle Me Elmo that was a holiday favorite in 1996.

Following the second accusation, Clash resigned from the Sesame Workshop and announced his decision Tuesday, giving the Hollywood Reporter an official statement.

"I am resigning from Sesame Workshop with a very heavy heart," he told THR.

"I have loved every day of my 28 years working for this exceptional organization. Personal matters have diverted attention away from the important work Sesame Street is doing and I cannot allow it to go on any longer. I am deeply sorry to be leaving and am looking forward to resolving these personal matters privately."

Clash has voiced the beloved red monster, Elmo since 1985 and was the subject of the 2012 documentary "Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey."

Last week, Sheldon Stephens accused Clash of having a sexual relationship with him when he was 16; he later recanted his accusations.

Cecil Singleton then came forward, claiming that he and Clash had relations after meeting on a gay phone line in the 1990’s, when he was 15. Singleton is reportedly suing Clash for $5 million.