For recent grads or anyone who is mid-career and looking to change things up, the dilemma of what profession to pursue may be determined by a pretty simple set of questions: How much money will I make? Will I be secure doing that? Can I support my family or a future family?
Below, courtesy of Glassdoor.com and in no particular order, are 11 jobs that pay $100,000 or more. The list is based on salary information anonymously shared with the website. Many of these are solid white collar jobs that just don’t get much love in pop culture.
- Regional Sales Executives: These folks can make as much as $103,500 a year and there are 345 openings.
- Software Architect: With 642 job openings, the total median pay for this job is $139,000.
- Dentist: The total median pay to drill teeth for a living is $129,968 and there are an estimated 1,952 openings in the field in the U.S.
- Equity Research Associate: The total median pay is $100,000 and there are roughly 300 openings out there.
- Nurse Practitioner: Total median pay comes out to $101,600 a year.
- Physician Assistant: The total median pay comes out to $100,392 and there are 3,499 of these jobs in the U.S.
- Special Agent (Law Enforcement & Private Practice): The total median pay is $125,000 and there are roughly 85 openings across the country.
- Airline Pilot: Total median pay comes out to $134,000 and there are 116 openings out there.
- Reservoir Engineer: Total median pay is $143,000 and there are of these jobs in the U.S.
- Geophysicist: The total median salary is $119,380 for this job and there are 117 of these jobs out there.
- Drilling Engineer: These guys make a median pay of $116,600 a year and there are 49 jobs for these workers in the U.S.