How Did Shain Gandee Die? ‘Buckwild’ Star Possibly Died From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

on April 02 2013 12:09 AM

 

“Buckwild” star Shain Gandee may have died from carbon monoxide poisoning, TMZ reported Monday evening.

Three bodies were recovered from Gandee’s 1984 Ford Bronco and taken to the Kanawha County, W.Va., medical examiner, where autopsies were performed, the celebrity news site said.

Officials were able to retrieve Gandee’s Ford from the muddy pit at the end of a dirt road where it was originally stuck. Pictures that were taken on the vehicle at the scene show the Ford was covered in mud past the windows.

The photos appear to support the theory that the victims suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning since the tailpipe was most likely covered with mud, which meant the deadly fumes could not escape from the vehicle.

It was reported earlier that the MTV reality-star was found dead inside of a truck with two other people but the bodies could not be removed because of the vehicle’s location.

A rep for the Kanawha County Sheriff's Office originally told TMZ it was nearly impossible to get to the vehicle’s location without an all-terrain vehicle.

There reportedly isn’t an cell phone reception in the area, which would explain why Gandee and the other two victim’s could not reached, or reach out for help themselves.

A passing ATV rider originally found the bodies, TMZ said.

“Buckwild” was filming its second season when Gandee died, and MTV has decided to halt filming indefinitely for now.

Gandee was the show’s breakout star and shocked all of his fans with his untimely death at only 21 years old.

Some called the show a mixed between “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo” and the “Jersey Shore.” It followed the success of both shows and has been one of MTV’s most successful shows recently.

“We are shocked and saddened by the terrible news about Shain Gandee, and those involved in this tragic incident," the network said in a statement to the Huffington Post. "We are waiting for more information, but at this time, our main concern is for the Gandee family and their friends. Our thoughts and prayers are with them. Shain had a magnetic personality, with a passion for life that touched everyone he met, and we will miss him dearly."