Rolling Stone magazine has come up with a creative comparison of the members of the Kardashian-Jenner clan and the characters of “Game of Thrones.” While “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” is a reality show and the other is a scripted drama, Rolling Stone believes the drama, treachery and character developments in both shows are quite similar.
Both “Game of Thrones” and “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” have millions of fans around the world. These may not necessarily be the same people, but Rolling Stone believes the shows have several uncanny similarities. While the HBO show features a battle for the Iron Throne, the real-life family is competing for the crown of “overexposure.”
Here’s a rundown of some of the members of the Kardashian-Jenner clan (House Kardashian and House Jenner) and who Rolling Stone believes are their “Game of Thrones” counterparts:
- Kris Jenner and Tywin Lannister. The matriarch controls her family’s careers and sometimes meddles into their personal lives. The “momager” has built the House Kardashian’s empire and turned them into a household name through her ruthless business sense and work ethic. Meanwhile, Tywin has done the same for House Lannister. He has manipulated his children and grandchildren into marrying into power and has forced them to take on roles for the benefit of the family even if it’s not what they would have personally chosen for themselves.
- Kim Kardashian West and Tyrion Lannister. Kim launched the family into stardom with the release of her sex tape in 2007. On the other hand, Tyrion is the unexpected star of “Game of Thrones.” His quick wit and interesting character and story line has turned him into one of the most-loved characters in a family that everyone loves to hate.
- Caitlyn Jenner and Daenerys Targaryen. Rolling Stone describes both women as the “underdog heroine” in their respective shows. Both women started out with hidden identities but have blossomed into inspirational women of power.
- Kourtney Kardashian and Cersei Lannister. Both women love their children above anything else. However, even if Kourtney may not be as murderous and sinister as Cersei, both of them have made some questionable choices when it comes to their baby daddy.
- Robert Kardashian Sr. and Robert Baratheon. These men have more in common than their first names. The late Kardashian never made it to the show, but his presence is constantly felt through throwback clips, photos and mentions by his family. They are all clearly still affected by his influence in their lives. Meanwhile, Baratheon’s rebellion and his subsequent premature death has also changed the lives of all the characters in the “Game of Thrones” series.
The article continues to compare other characters like Khloe Kardashian and Ygritte, Scott Disick and Viserys Targaryen, Jon Snow and Kris Humphries, Rob Kardashian and Joffrey Baratheon, Kanye West and Oberyn Martell, Kylie Jenner and Arya Stark, Kendall Jenner and Margaery Tyrell, Brody Jenner and Jaime Lannister, Lamar Odom and Bannen, Brandon Jenner and Bran Stark, Ryan Seacrest and George R.R. Martin, and finally, the NFL and the NBA has been described to be the same as the Night’s Watch.