“Keeping Up With the Kardashians” star Kim Kardashian got a little bit of good news Monday. One of her diamonds was found after she was robbed at gunpoint at a Paris hotel last week, TMZ reported.
It was a cross that came from famous jeweler Jacob and Co. The five masked thieves dropped the piece, a platinum mounted diamond cross, during the heist. A passerby found it on the street a day after the incident. The cross was valued at $33,180.
The pendant hasn’t been returned to Kardashian, 35, because Parisian authorities are checking for any traces of DNA.
The robbers stole up to $11 million in jewelry. This included her $4.5 million diamond ring from husband Kanye West.
Kardashian, 35, has gone silent on social media since the attack. Hours before the heist, she flaunted her wealth on social media, which prompted people like Chanel head Karl Lagerfeld to blame her for the attack.
Now, Kardashian has hired new security to protect her if such an assault were to happen again. Her new bodyguards are former members of the Secret Service and will be armed. She will also travel in an armored car, TMZ wrote in a different report Sunday.
Kardashian has not spoken out, except for the statement her rep Ina Treciokas released after the attack last Monday. “Kim Kardashian West was held up at gunpoint inside her Paris hotel room this evening, by two armed masked men dressed as police officers. She is badly shaken but physically unharmed,” Kardashian's spokesperson said.
She canceled all her obligations for the upcoming weeks and rumors swirled that “KUWTK” might be over. Filming is “on hold indefinitely,” an insider told Us Weekly in an exclusive report Thursday. The show has not filmed since the theft and no one in the family has talked about it on social media or elsewhere.
Follow me on Twitter @mariamzzarella