Lamar Odom's aunt, JaNean Mercer, is speaking out about her nephew's "miraculous" recovery. Odom, 35, was hospitalized Oct. 13 after being found unconscious inside Love Ranch South, a legal brothel in Pahrump, Nevada. It was initially reported that the outlook was bleak for Khloé Kardashian's estranged husband; however, he has since come out of his coma and is said to be doing well.

Mercer is attributing his recovery to a miracle, thanking doctors at Sunrise Hospital for their hard work. She told People it was because of their diligent work and dedication to his healing that Odom, a former NBA player and reality star, recovered so quickly. Mercer told the publication the medical staff at the Nevada hospital provided them with comfort and assurance that he "would persevere." She went on to ask the public continue to pray for him and his family as he continues to heal.

"We would like to send a tremendous THANK YOU to the illustrious medical team at Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center in Las Vegas. Your superb, round-the-clock care gave us the comfort and assurances we desperately needed to know Lamar would persevere," she said in a statement to People. "As Lamar begins a new chapter in his road to recovery, PLEASE continue to uplift him and the family in prayer. He continues to make miraculous progress, taking a few steps in Los Angeles. We couldn't be more overjoyed! We realize Lamar's continued improvement will not be easy, however his unrelenting strength and faith in GOD will pull him through."

As we previously reported, Odom opened his eyes Oct. 16 after four days in a coma. He is said to have spoken to Khloé several times since waking up. It has also been reported that doctors at Sunrise Hospital administered several tests, all of which he passed with flying colors. He was able to move from his bed with assistance and continues to improve

Although Odom is on the path to recovery, there have been a few setbacks. While it was initially reported that several of his vital organs were failing, TMZ claims most of them have bounced back. His kidneys, however, reportedly continue to fail and he is said to be undergoing six hours of dialysis each day. Doctors at Cedars-Sinai, where he was moved Monday, are currently considering putting him on the list for a kidney transplant to eliminate the need for this treatment, though an official decision has not been made.